Skins Tip of the Day

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Tip of the Day

Radar Beams and Hotspots, you end up with an erratic beam movement on click.

What happens: when you MouseClick the beam moves to the Angle set by the action, “Set Element Angle, -90 – Beam”, which means that it adjusts the Beam for the pano you are in, then when the next pano is loaded it then adjusts for that one, giving the erratic movement.
So what you see is on clicking a hotspot, the beam moves, when the next pano loads, the beam moves again.

To stop this you can hide the beam until the next pano is loaded and the “Set Element Angle” has finished adjusting the Beams direction.

In the Hotspot Template set the following:

MouseClick – Set Element Alpha=0 – Beam
Reloaded – Change Element Alpha=0 – Beam
Loaded – Change Element Alpha=1 – Beam

Then add the same in any other MouseClick elements you may have to open the next panorama.

How does it work:

1) MouseClick – Set Element Alpha=0 – Beam: This Action hides the Beam from view on MouseClick.
2) Reloaded – Change Element Alpha=0 – Beam: This keeps the Beam hidden until the next pano is fully loaded.
3) Loaded – Change Element Alpha=1 – Beam: This shows the Beam when Loaded

The above will show the Beam when the next pano is fully loaded. If you remove the Reloaded – Change Element Alpha=0 – Beam, you get the beam appear while the next pano is loading. Down side is that every now and then you may just see the erratic Beam movement, you will have to test it for your selves.

In this example I added the above code to a Hotspot Template and to hotspot elements in the Floor plan. See Here

As always, Hope it helps

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Tip of the day:

Hotspot Template Images.

So you have set up some hotspots in the Point Hotspot Editor, cool. In the skin you have put some Hotspot Templates in and put some nice images and a text box on them. :)

Now you pano has some nice in tour hot spots, but what happens when you zoom in or out. :?:

The Hotspot images stay the same size, so looking very big and bunching together on zoom out and really small and spread out on zoom in, they are not moving in proportion with the zoom. :(

Fear not :D , in the Skin Editor go to your Hotspot Template and add the Modifier:

Target Value: SCALE and Source Value: 1/tan(Fov), set the Factor to what ever suites, I used 0.8 and leave the offset as is.

Examples Here

As you zoom in and out the hotspot template image and text box should scale with it getting bigger as you zoon in and smaller as you zoom out.

Down side, if you are using a text box to insert an external image or swf then things can get a bit funky as the image will scale with it. There is a way around this, but up to you to find it. :wink:

Think, what else uses Point Hotspots? Logos etc, have fun. 8)

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
santa

Hopki,
Loved the sample you posted here. Just wanted to know how you managed to center the image that opens when you click on a hotspot (like the 3 player chess image). I've been trying to achieve that effect but when my pano rotates and suppose the hotspot is in the left most corner, my image window opens in relation to the hotspot. It does not always stay in the center of the pano. How can I make sure its always centered?
-santa
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Hi it’s just a rectangle that’s scaled down to 0/0 in the middle of the skin editor window.
When you click on the hotspot it scales open.

I use a toggle element scale action to scale to 1/1 and a Set Text action to load the external swf file, all with a MouseClick.

Nothing technical am afraid :roll:
All the best hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Caroling Wholeo

Hopki wrote:Tip of the day:

Fear not :D , in the Skin Editor go to your Hotspot Template and add the Modifier:

Target Value: SCALE and Source Value: 1/tan(Fov), set the Factor to what ever suites, I used 0.8 and leave the offset as is.

Examples Here

As you zoom in and out the hotspot template image and text box should scale with it getting bigger as you zoon in and smaller as you zoom out.

Down side, if you are using a text box to insert an external image or swf then things can get a bit funky as the image will scale with it. There is a way around this, but up to you to find it.

Hopki
Trying to find it. I added the modifier to the template, which made the hotspot out of sight. Then to the image and the texts and it just magnifies the scale no matter what the zoom or window size. It sounds like you know the way around this. Any more clues? Would it be scaling different parts of the template in different ways? I've read the following comment. Scaling to 0/0 and 1/1 doesn't make sense to me, I don't know what you mean. Maybe that would look like 0.0 and 1.1 in my interface?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Here is another example: Link
Place a picture in the middle of the screen, import as a button and give it an ID of Pic.
Set its scale to 0/0

Now in a hotspot template set the action Mouse Click Scale Element 1/1 Pic

In the picture set the action Mouse Click Scale Element 0/0 Pic

That should do it.
all the best
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Caroling Wholeo

Thanks for the reply. In your example, the buttons and the image did not scale when I changed the windows size or zoomed in and out. That's one thing I would like to have. That's what I thought we were talking about. However, i saw the nice controller you applied to the pop-up image. That is good but sorry, I can't see how that relates to scales of 0 and 1 and buttons. I've lost the thread.
But I did follow your directions. Made a button with 0/0 scale. Made a template with 1/1 mouseclick scaling. I put the button in the template and they are both named Pic. Added 0/0 mouseclick modifier to the button image. Made the SWF and couldn't see the button. Next I made a point hotspot and gave it the skin-id Pic. To the template I added some text to label the button so I could see where it would be. Made the SWF again. I can now see the label but the button doesn't do anything and I can't see the button image. I don't get it. I'll think about it and try to figure out what I'm missing.
Hopki
Gnome

Sorry
I have seemed to have lost the plot, I was concentrating on opening the window, not how I opened it, fade open or scale open.

Send me your skin and I will have a look and perhaps better point you in the right direction.

All the best
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Caroling Wholeo

Hi, I posted my best attempt on this topic:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 474&e=9474

This is what I said: Here is my pano with two hotspots linked to SWFs.
http://tinyurl.com/p5ktdc
Hopki
Gnome

Hi I have attached a ggsk file for you.
Look at the Actions/Modifies for the Hotspot Template.
You will see under Modifiers, Scale 1/tan(Fov) Factor .72 Offset 0

That should get you going, sorry about going off topic, I thought you was wanting to know about opening a window, don’t know why. :roll:

Attachments
Hotspot Arrows.ggsk
(19.08 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Caroling Wholeo

Ooh, this looks really helpful. Thanks for the example. Will investigate. :)
xhalemedia

Hi hoki, thanks for the hint about zooming whith swf's, works a treat!
However :twisted: i have a q regarding distortion.
with the swf added you can now zoom in and out and the swf remains the same size, however when you pan/tilt the pano the swf apears to move slightley as the background images distorts. is there a way to have the swf distort with the background?

this could lead to bringing in a video that is positioned over a tv in the pano that appears to play!

I'd be very interested to know if this is possible with Pano2VR, i have seen it done with FPP (even managed it myself once) but i am no coder!
Many thanks

Alex
ps this might interest you http://www.xhalemedia.ch/360-tours/sing ... e/single4/
took it whilst flying my paraglider!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
In a word, no, Pano2VR can not do this as yet. I understand it may be something that Thomas will add later but not sure.

In the mean time what you could do is open a flash video in a static box.
So when the viewer clicked on a TV in the Panorama, a window could open showing the TV and video.

All the best Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Here is a return to an old menu with some new bits added for a webpage rather then just opening a pano in a new window. Needless to say this took some time, and there is room for more tweaks.

View Here

The object of the excises was to be able to show many panos as I needed within a small window, hope it gives you all ideas what’s possible using the skin editor.

Regards

Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com