Craythorne Golf Club - latest skin effort

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
stalwart

Hi all

My latest effort - hope you like it:
http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/craythorne/start.html

Thanks to Hopki for all his help on getting the radar to work correctly!!

Stu
360Texas

That is simply GREAT presentation -

1 tiny comment.. the pro shop panorama might need a small amount of white balance adjustment - appears a bit yellowish.

load your panorama into photoshop.. and select the white balance eye dropper... select a known white in the photo... like the white background of the bag "Titleist" or white paper on orange background sign on door.

Hope you got paid well for your effort !!!
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
stalwart

360Texas wrote:That is simply GREAT presentation -

1 tiny comment.. the pro shop panorama might need a small amount of white balance adjustment - appears a bit yellowish.

load your panorama into photoshop.. and select the white balance eye dropper... select a known white in the photo... like the white background of the bag "Titleist" or white paper on orange background sign on door.

Hope you got paid well for your effort !!!
Dave,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Photoshop is my weakest part of my workflow at present - and I'm constantly learning! Which is the white balance eye dropper (I'm using CS2) - can you point to a tutorial?

cheers
Stu
360Texas

Hmm we are using CS4, but as I recall its in a similar menu location in CS2.

Make copy of panorama and apply white balance changes to the duplicate image. Then if it works to your advantage.. keep the copy

Open duplicate panorama.
top tool bar select 'Image' | adjustments | Levels | find the 3 eye droppers = set Black point, set Gray point, set White point. Default is RGB. This will change ALL Red, Green, Blue channels or you can elect to change only for RED, Green OR Blue.

Select White Point eyedropper far right choice. Here you are telling Photoshop ... what color in the image really is white. Cursor changes to eyedropper.

Mouse over a known white color in the panorama.. example, Bag with whiteTitleist background..

IF the image changes to an odd color scale.. then click on some other known white object in the image.

If you do not like what you see when setting the white point then you can manually make changes by sliding scale center mark.

Typically, we shoot RAW and use Adobe Raw Converter to make white balance changes concurrently to ALL images in the stitching series.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
fred

Nice job!
Can you explain your mast pano setup? I was reading that you did one of your samples at 17m, How high are these golf panos and how were you able to keep it so stable at such heights? I do a few panos with a 4m pole, 10.5mm and 8shots around that are not to bad, but beyond that it must get a bit harder ;-).. well done
stalwart

360Texas wrote:Hmm we are using CS4, but as I recall its in a similar menu location in CS2.

Make copy of panorama and apply white balance changes to the duplicate image. Then if it works to your advantage.. keep the copy

Open duplicate panorama.
top tool bar select 'Image' | adjustments | Levels | find the 3 eye droppers = set Black point, set Gray point, set White point. Default is RGB. This will change ALL Red, Green, Blue channels or you can elect to change only for RED, Green OR Blue.

Select White Point eyedropper far right choice. Here you are telling Photoshop ... what color in the image really is white. Cursor changes to eyedropper.

Mouse over a known white color in the panorama.. example, Bag with whiteTitleist background..

IF the image changes to an odd color scale.. then click on some other known white object in the image.

If you do not like what you see when setting the white point then you can manually make changes by sliding scale center mark.

Typically, we shoot RAW and use Adobe Raw Converter to make white balance changes concurrently to ALL images in the stitching series.
Dave,

thanks for the walk-through - I'll have a go at changing the levels of that pano.

I shoot RAW, and convert to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter, before opening in Adobe Bridge to make WB alterations etc.

Stu
stalwart

fred wrote:Nice job!
Can you explain your mast pano setup? I was reading that you did one of your samples at 17m, How high are these golf panos and how were you able to keep it so stable at such heights? I do a few panos with a 4m pole, 10.5mm and 8shots around that are not to bad, but beyond that it must get a bit harder ;-).. well done
Cheers,

Most of the panos were taken using a 17m mast with a 450D / Sigma 8mm mounted on top. I take about 6 round - obviously no nadir - all the nadir is patched & cloned in Ps. Stability isn't so much of an issue NPP-wise as most of the subject matter is far enough away. Any obvious stitching errors I can't correct with manual CPs in PTGui Pro I will repair in Ps after stitching. Auto Exposure Bracketing is out of the question too so I make fake AEB images in Adobe Bridge for HDR work.

Here's the nadir which is straightforward to patch:

and patched:

The hard bit is putting £1,000-worth of photo kit on top of a bendy mast!

This is the first mast pano I did about 3 years ago: http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/branston/013.html

Stu
360Texas

WOW !!!! 17 meters = 51 feet

Our experience mirrors yours about the No parallax point on top of a pole!

We found that there was at least 12 inch/ 30 cm +++ top wobbly. BUT the stitching seems to work out fine.

Our pole work is usually done at a reasonable height of 5 meters or 15 feet.

Thanks for the show and tell.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
fred

Thanks for the pic and details. wow that is high :-)
stalwart

360Texas wrote: WOW !!!! 17 meters = 51 feet

Our experience mirrors yours about the No parallax point on top of a pole!

We found that there was at least 12 inch/ 30 cm +++ top wobbly. BUT the stitching seems to work out fine.

Our pole work is usually done at a reasonable height of 5 meters or 15 feet.

Thanks for the show and tell.
Dave,

Yep, at 17 metres the top section of the mast, with a pan/tilt head and camera, it sure is wobbly! I have not yet had a problem with parallax - all these images stiched just fine.

Not sure which version I'd published - the latest includes a tab with floor plan of the Club House:

Stuart
stalwart

This is the final version, with additional panos, thumbnails, etc. I've also tweaked the skin to incorporate Martin's (Hopki) pop-up text idea and the pop-up images fade in & out.....I quite like it and the Client is very pleased!

And to think 2 years ago I thought this example was brilliant: http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/branston/start.html

So pleased with my progress with Pano2VR to date - all thanks to members of this forum (you know who you are!!).

cheers,

Stu
zap

Hi

Good work. May I ask how many hours you invested in the skin? Seems like quite a bit. Creating all the panos, extracting images in deifferent sizes, creation the hotspots, the final skin with external elements. Putting everything together and generating the final tours with skins.

It was devinitely worth the effort. But commercially speaking was it worth it?

Cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
stalwart

zap wrote:Hi

Good work. May I ask how many hours you invested in the skin? Seems like quite a bit. Creating all the panos, extracting images in deifferent sizes, creation the hotspots, the final skin with external elements. Putting everything together and generating the final tours with skins.

It was devinitely worth the effort. But commercially speaking was it worth it?

Cheers
I've worked a total of about 45 man hours on this job. The golf club is very local to me which helped. The internal panos were easy as batch templated in PTGui. The external elevated shots were a little trickier. A lot of the skin is replicated from my standard 'default' skin - so quick & easy to clone and change elements.

In terms of was it commercially worth it? Definitely yes! This was a very well paid commission. Not only have I learnt a great deal more about the skin editor, with Martins' help on the radar, but I have a fantastic example for marketing purposes.

regards
Stuart