Disabling Esc to exit full screen mode

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Andrew H

Hello

Does anybody know of a way to disable the option in Flash to escape full screen mode by pressing the Escape key, please?

I am working on a page where I would like two alternative versions of the same panorama (with different cube face sizes) to be used, depending on whether the person viewing the page has clicked the skin's full screen button or not.

I have two overlapping full screen buttons in the skin, each of which when clicked hides itself and makes visible the other, and loads the appropriately sized panorama, and this in itself works fine.

The whole plan falls apart, however, if the viewer exits full screen mode by pressing their keyboard's Escape key, as the buttons then become out of sync with the screen mode.

Any suggestions, please?

Regards and Season's Greetings to all

Andrew
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Andrew
At the moment this is not possible in Pano2VR, the ESC is one of those Flash Player things.

I am not sure how easy it is for Thomas to get Pano2VR to detect keyboard button presses, namely the ESC, this topic has raised its head a few times now, but for the moment sorry no.
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Andrew H

Thanks Hopki

I suspected that might be the case :(

Any thoughts on detecting keystrokes, please, Thomas?

Regards

Andrew
Andrew H

Another possibility might be for Pano2VR to have some kind of user definable event handler.

On the assumption that Pano2VR knows when the Flash player is in full screen mode something like this might be feasible -

on enterfullscreenmode openpano "hirespano.swf"

and -

on exitfullscreenmode openpano "lorespano.swf"

Any thoughts, please, Thomas, anyone?

Regards

Andrew
Sebastian

Adobe has specific security reason to keep the Full Screen notice and it can't be overwritten from outside of the player or with the use of ActionScript.
Beside the notice, there are also some features which are disabled while in fullscreen mode, like keyboard input for example. The reason for it is to help
prevent phishing attacks using Flash, where full-screen is used to simulate a log-in screen, someone else's website, etc. The notice is to inform the user
that something had changed and they were in a new state.

This is something that is totally beyond Pano2VR control. Pano2VR outputs Flash compatible file formats, but it can't impact the player or control it, unless
decided by Adobe otherwise.

You could of course modify the player file on your computer, but it will only work on your end and no one else's machine. And it will be back as soon as yo
update the player.

regards

Sebastian