Hide Hotspots?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
rickdrew

Can't figure out how to hide hotspots. I want to add a button to my panos - toggle hotspots. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rick Drew
Mdholl

hi
use "%element_name" in target field in actions to address the command to ALL elements with name "element_name"
HMS Beagle

Can anyone explain this further?

"use "%element_name" in target field in actions to address the command to ALL elements with name "element_name"

How can all my hotspots have the same name?
Beagle
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
If you define three point hotspots in the Hotspot Editor and then in the skin have one hotspot template, when the panorama opens you will have three instances of the one template. If you then made a button to hide the template only one of the three would hide. So to address all three instances by prefixing the ID with a %. Then all three would hide.

You can also use this for text; I use two text boxes to create a drop shadow effect one behind the other, with the back one 2px to the right and 2px down to create the effect. Of course I have to set the same text in both text boxes.

If I wanted to change the text with a set text action, I can either use two set text actions one for each text box, or I give both text boxes the same ID and then use one set text action with using the % before the Target ID.

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HMS Beagle

Hopki,
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. For each hoptspot I set, I have to set up a HS template in the skin. If I don't, only one HS shows up.?
Part of the problem is that i am a dialup user, so watching the videos is an exercise in futility.
I really need to sort this out.
Beagle
360Texas

I agree dialup connections are slow. Plse provide a URL and we with faster connections will time measure and let you know the results
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com