Before ~ After

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
ksraghavendra

Hi,
I am working on a Before ~ After kind of panorama. I want to know how to achieve the following-
1) When I switch from before->after or vice versa, I want the next panorama to continue from the current view point rather than from the beginning.
2) Is it possible to display both panos side by side such that if I pan/zoom in one it is reflected in the other too.
Kindly suggest the best way to proceed.
Regards,
Raghav
Jack of all Trades at 36ty Solutions, India
ksraghavendra

Oops did I post this in the wrong thread :roll:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
You can use $cur in the target text field to open the next pano with the same Pan/Tilt/FoV.
So if you have the befor and after pano starting from the some point you can switch between the to keeping the same view.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ksraghavendra

Hi Hopki,
Thanks for your reply. But I fail to find out where to insert this option :( Could you kindly provide some screenshot?
Regards,
Raghav
ksraghavendra

Hi,
Guess I was blind for a while not to figure it out :D Posting a screenshot for future reference-
Thanks again Hopki.
Regards,
Raghav
ksraghavendra

One more doubt,
How to link 2 embeded panos? Say I embed 2 panos(or embed one in another whichever way this can be worked out), one before scene & another after scene, I want both to be visible side by side and when I pan/zoom in one the same has to be reflected in another. How to achieve this sync?
Thanks in advance,
Raghav
thomas
Chief Gnome

ksraghavendra wrote:One more doubt,
How to link 2 embeded panos? Say I embed 2 panos(or embed one in another whichever way this can be worked out), one before scene & another after scene, I want both to be visible side by side and when I pan/zoom in one the same has to be reflected in another. How to achieve this sync?
As this comes up quite often, I have now added a wiki page for this. Basically you can sync the two panos with a little bit of javascript code:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Syn ... _Panoramas
MfG, Thomas
ksraghavendra

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the reply. I need to distribute the same thru a DVD as well. How to proceed then?
*Updated- The code given doesn't seem to work, tried tweaking it here & there but no change. Are these functions, viz., getPan(), getFov(), setPan(), etc., available in some external .js file? I did not find them in swfobject.js
Regards,
Raghav
Last edited by ksraghavendra on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
smooth

thomas wrote: As this comes up quite often, I have now added a wiki page for this. Basically you can sync the two panos with a little bit of javascript code:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Syn ... _Panoramas
Thomas,

Have your got an example of this working (sync)?
I tried your code and although both panos are displayed they are not in sync.
You state also to name the panos pano_left.swf and pano_right.swf but in your code these are named simply left.swf and right.swf

Of course I corrected this, but no sync based on your code provided.

Regards, Smooth 8)
ksraghavendra

Hi Thomas,
Any solution for this?
Regards,
Raghav
George Palov

I am also interested in this solution :)
Thank you!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sorry, stupid error. I forgot to change the first javascript ID from "panoleft" to "pano_left". I updated the code and now it should work correctly.
MfG, Thomas
smooth

thomas wrote:Sorry, stupid error. I forgot to change the first javascript ID from "panoleft" to "pano_left". I updated the code and now it should work correctly.
That works a "bit" better! :wink:

Regards, Smooth 8)
HMS Beagle

I missed this JS solution to the side by side display. I copied the code directly and changed the name of my panos to left.swf and right.swf aznd I get no sync. I get the panos side by side, just no sync. Does anyone have a working example online?
Beagle
smooth

Hey Beagle,

The code does work now.
Read the .html and find what the actual .swf should be called. Forget what Thomas has told you to call them because it doesn't match the code.
In my example they are named pano_left.swf and pano_right.swf
Of course you can change these to whatever you like so long as you adjust the names accordingly.

Be sure to correct the panoleft ID to pano_left in the code.

Based on the code the left pano is the drive pano and moving it controls the right pano (sync).
It is not as smooth as I would have liked. But then running two panos full size is eating resources pretty fast, straining the computer.

I don't have an example online. But if you do get totally suck I can make it happen.

Regards, Smooth 8)