New Simplex Skin in Pano2VR V4, compass point issue

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
keith@fachwen.org

HI, I'm very new to using Pano2VR. I've built a 9 node tour of my local indoor climbing wall based on the video tutorial. Most of it works fine, but I can't work out how Thomas managed to get the compass points linked to the map to show the orientation of the panorama. I've managed to get the compass point rotating, but not over the right button on the map so it doesn't look that good.

Any help gratefully received.

Keith
Tong

+1 skin with compass would be cool ;-)

like here on top left corner
http://www.360cities.net/image/sg-itali ... -7.22,70.0
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Basically you use the action Mouse Click => Set Element Position => Offset X/Y: $self => Target: radar (or whatever you call it)
Just make sure the the radar element is top left of the map so its relative position is (0,0) This is found next to the elements ID, in this case Radar (0,0).
The opening node map marker also has the action: Init => Set Element Position => Offset X/Y: $self => Target: radar.
This is so when the panorama opens the radar is on the correct map marker. This is for version 3 and 4.

With Pano2VR Pro this is even easier, open the Simplex skin add to the markertemplate element:

Activate => Set Element Position => Offset X/Y: $self => Target: radar.

If you then add in the skin a map and radar to its top left corner this will work. Of course you have to set North in each panorama and give the radar the modifier: Rotate => Pan North.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tong

small ggsk example appreciated :D
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please find attached a simple three node tour with map and radar.
Note: This is a Pro project.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Pro_Simplex_Radar.zip
(251.87 KiB) Downloaded 959 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks very much for that Hopki. The only thing I could see I was doing wrong was the positioning of the compass/radar inside the map image - but setting it to 0,0 didn't seem to do much - it was still rotating, but not on top of the buttons. I worked around it by starting again with your skin and adding in the button to toggle the map. So although it all now works fine, I can't figure out what I was doing wrong!

I could send you a cut down version of the tour to check for me? You never know - it might be a bug in the beta version :)

Here is the (almost, finished) tour, waiting for a better map image:

www.fachwen.org/beacon

I'm quite excited by all the possibilities of Pano2VR, especially after seeing some of the skins that are available from 3rd parties. I like multi-floor example with buttons on the map itself. A tutorial on how to make one would be great!

Thanks again,

Keith