Hotspot pan/tilt/fov reset using proxies...

Q&A about the latest versions
marchuff

Is there any way to not have proxies override the hotspot settings in a Flash tour?

I have a more traditional tour setup with multiple links throughout a house, point hotspots set to proceed to the next pano on the tour and load the next pano at a specific pan value.

Using proxies to set the floorplan up correctly overrides the pan values I've imputed using the point hotspot system. I tired doing the opposite of Karyn's tutorial and put the "#' in the proxy side, but that doesn't work.

I want to keep the hotspots I have, but have a clickable map in the corner with a radar that follows the user around as they tour the house. The clickable map can default to any pan value at all, but the point hotspots still need to work correctly.

TIA.

_Marc Huff
WHdigital, Inc.
marchuff

Anybody know anything about this? Or am I just stuck not doing it this way?
360Texas

You should know that folks out here are reading your comments.

Personally I have not gotten that far along in setting up linked tours to be able to help you.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
marchuff

I apologize... I wasn't meaning to offend. :oops: I've just seen all the things Flash now does that I used to dream about in QT but never did. Then I found SPiV's mapping feature and loved it... and in arrogance, assumed I could do the same thing here with Flash.

I'll just work around it for now. The clickable map is still better then the potential client could dream of; he's coming from one-shot, small-window JAVA tours.

_Marc Huff
WHdigital, Inc.
marchuff

This problem was inadvertently solved by another one I had.

At http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 6418#p6398,
I discovered I didn't set the point HS links to read the information from the individual pano.

It's all working now and I'll have a working version online this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

_Marc Huff
WHdigital, Inc.
flauschiii

hey marchuff,
at the moment I have exactly the same problem like you had with proxies.
Could you please describe how you solve the problem with the P/T/F-parameters being reseted when using hotspot-proxies.
I tried to use $hu and $ht placeholders as action für the hotspot-template, but that didn't work, the panos did not open. When i use "goto URL" instead of "open panorama" than the right panos are opened but again without my individual P/T/F-parameters from the Hotspot-Editor.
Do you or somebody else have any suggestions or hints for me? Thank You!

Regards, flauschiii
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
If you put the pan/tilt/fov in the target field in the point hotspot editor and leave the target field blank in the skin all should work.

Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
flauschiii

Thank you Hopki for your fast answer.

I think the main problem is not the pan/tilt/fov-thing, but rather when i use $hu as URL in the action for my hotspot-template he doesn't open the next panorama. It seems to that he doesn't know which panorama he should open :-/

That's how i build up my tour for the first room:
In my Starting Pano is 1 Hotspot with the ID "to_viewpoint_1_2". This Hotspot opens the second Panorama, in which there are 2 Hotspots: one Hotspot with the ID "to_viewpoint_1_3" leads to the third Viewpoint. The other Hotspot with ID "to_viewpoint_1_1" takes the user back to starting position. So now for the third Panorama there are again 2 Hotspots: one leads forward (ID "to_viewpoint_1_4") and one backwards (again[!] the ID "to_viewpoint_1_2")
Without the "open panorama" action and the $hu,$ht placeholders in my hotspot-template everything works fine, i can go for and backwards in my tour, but unfortanly only with default P/T/F which causes some problems in orientation.
Maybe the problem is, that i used the ID "to_viewpoint_1_2" twice for serveral hotspots (but in different Panos) !? In Skin Editor all hotspot proxy ID's are unique, so there should be no problem. Also the demo tour from gardengnome-site contains serveral times "park" "fountain" as ID's for different hotspots.

I really don't know what's going on in my tour or whats the difference to the example ...
I spent 2 days for that but couldn't find a solution :-(

@Hopki: got another idea? i could also upload my example if that will help.
Thank You.

flauschiii
Hopki
Gnome

Yes, please send it over so I can have a look.
Kind regards
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
flauschiii

Hey Hopki,

i've sent you a private message with the link to my pano-tour.
Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,
flauschiii
Hopki
Gnome

Will look at it over the weekend.
Regards
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
flauschiii

Thank you very very much Hopki for your help !

I think the only way i had not tried was finally the solution :-)

For all:
I thought i have to use the # placeholder as URL in the Hotspot-Editor in order to visualize the users current location within the tour (like in the example). But as described that didn't work.
So all you have to do, is to replace the # with the correct name of the Pano-SWF to be opened, insert your individual P/T/F and that's it.

Cheers flauschiii