Low quality panos from 2VR

Q&A about the latest versions
Scotsman

With the help of Smooth, this novice to Pano2VR has finally succeeded in creating Flash Panos from spherical images filed away from previous projects.
Those projects were either created in QT - or submitted to 'TourBuzz.net' for conversion and web hosting. And the quality has always been very good, and the images sharp.

But now the same files create very un-sharp (almost blurry) panos when I create them using Pano2VR.

I thought it may because I was using Jpegs, but the tiffs of the same pano come out no better. It may have to do with resolution and / or size of the input. Or does it have to do with other settings before I output the .SWF?

What should I be doing?

Thanks,

Scotsman
360Texas

The quality of image is determined by dividing the width of your stitched image by 4 to determine the Cube face size.

Typically we stitch final imaging at 5000 x 2500 pixel 16bit TIFF's. Our 16bit Tif panorama is usually around 80mb +/-

Imput your 80mb image and then select FLASH or QTVR output type.

Click on the blue wrench icon to open FLASH or QTVR Output settings

Control Quality = Cube Face Size XXXX px

Example, your image might be 5000 pixels wide so 5000 / 4 = 1,250 pixels cube face size.

Then generate your output and read the .swf or .mov file size. Target size is between 1 - 1.5mb

If your output is say around 3mb that would be too large for internet use.

Control OUTput File size = in kb or mb
Control the final output size by adjusting the individual cube face tiles
Click TILE QUALITY button

tag select and enter 70 for FRONT, right, back, left, UP = 40, down = 35. The "up" is usually the sky.. so you need to watch how much compression is use so as not make the sky pixelated. If the sky 40 is too pixelate.. change it to say 50 or less compression.

Image detail quality is controlled by cube face tile pixels say 1250
Image final file size is controlled by changing the individual cube face tile compression.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com