other swf file for fullscreen

Q&A about the latest versions
max.huber

hi,

is it possible, to change the swf file for fullscreen mode? so to use a small file for initial view and when click on fullscreen button it loads a much bigger file for better quality.

regards
max
Hopki
Gnome

Yes, the example Here opens a 751 kB panorama, on full screen click then opens a 2.65MB file.

How:
Have two full screen buttons, one on top of each other, note the top one will be the one lower in the file tree. The bottom one just needs the toggle full screen action.

The one on top will need the following Actions:

• Mouse Click, Toggle Full Screen.
• Mouse Click, Load next Panorama, (the higher quality swf file) P/T/Fov = $ap/$at/$af (if this does not work use $cur)
• Mouse Click, Hide $self

What will happen:

Clicking the full screen button will toggle to full screen.
Then, will load the higher qulity panorama with the same Pan, Tilit and Field of view angles.
Then the top button will hide its self as it will no longer be needed.
Once the second panorama is loaded there is no need to reload the first.

Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
max.huber

thx hopki, that is exactly what i was looking for!

regards
max
max.huber

hi hopki,

now i did some tests with your hints and i am not sure, but i did not get the clue about the two fullscreen buttons.
is it, because there is just one controller possible (why is it?) and it comes from the first pano? when i have two different controllers and i load the panos separately, they are shown as expected, but if the second pano is loaded from the first with nextPanorama then it shows the controller from the first.

i did some search on other pano-players and i figured out, that krpano has that kind of technology already built in. do you have experiences with that player?

regards
max
Hopki
Gnome

Have a look at the attached ggsk file.
Hopki :)
Attachments
Full Screen Button.ggsk
(11.2 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
max.huber

that is exactly what i thought: it is possible to load an other panorama, but the controller comes from the first one. this behavior is a little bit strange but manageable if you know it.
thx again hopki!

max
gomi42

Hi Hopki,

really great idea you are introducing here. That's what I was looking for. Btw, if you have a loading bar configured, just make it visible by the "top" button and it shows the loading of the second pano :-)

And of course there is a disadvantage of the trick: the link is stored in the skin which is usally used in more than one pano which now cannot be done.

The only problem now is that I have to specify a full path/url to the second .swf. The url depends on the server and I the pano does not work on the server AND locally (due to different paths). So the enhancement request for Thomas is: do you see a chance to take the path from the first .swf if the second .swf is given without a path? In other words: the second pano without a path means look for the pano in the directory of the first pano.

Usually I hand out the pano to several people. And that would make the "trick" moveable to any server and directory structure.

Michael
Aduffy

In the past I had the requested the ability to set a generic variable so that we could use that variable in the path to other SWF files .

I am trying to build a multi vr tour, and I would like to have high and low quality nodes of each screen depending on if I am in full screen or not.
Lets say I have all my SWF nodes like this

/media/myvrtour/lowres/node1.swf
/media/myvrtour/lowres/node2.swf
/media/myvrtour/highres/node1.swf
/media/myvrtour/highres/node2.swf

So in my skin I set
$rootpath = "/media/myvrtour"
$currentres = "lowres"
$currentnode ="node1.swf"

Now when someone goes to full screen mode, I just set $currrentres = "highres"
And "Open New Pano" Url = $rootpath/$currentres/$currentnode P/T/Fov =$cur

This would work for all Nodes I add and I would not need to worry about the coding dependent on what node was loaded.

You could also quickly change the $rootpath variable and to accommodate local and server path differences.. Could even just add a temporary button in the skin and use it to set a local path, and then just delete when you are ready to deploy... Very easy...

Any how thats my vote! Seems to me to cover all the things people are requesting here as well as open up all sorts of new possibilities.
PyROm

Hi, Ive just been playing with this, I used the User data section to act as a variable to store the next res filename in. This does mean you have to have a different project for each quality setting but seems to work.

I created the Hi-Res version of the project and in the User Data section, under sources I put node1_low.swf . I then made the Low-Res version of the project and in the User Data put node1_High.swf . I used the same fullscreen button as suggested in this thread, however for the next panorama url I used $us (User Data->Source Field). This makes the skin universal again.