I've been asked to create virtual tours in a leisure centre: one of
their gym and one of their pool. The gym has a piece of equipment they
want to advertise, so I created a new skin to pop up an info panel when
the 'i' butoon is clicked in the default skin. This works and can be
seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/lm733p

There is an area hotspot on the gym door to load the pool panorama which
uses a new skin (without the info pop up). However, when the pool
panorama is loaded via the area hotspot, the skin doesn't change.

How can I make sure I get the right skin for the right panoramic?

I've tried changing the "externalize" options in the HTML tab, but it
causes a blank page to load :-(

Any advice gratefully received!

Regards,
Rob
--

X-Posted to PanoToolsNG.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob
The idea was to use one skin saving file size. :D

Doing the following will solve your problem.

Have two information buttons placed on top of each other, set the one for the gym below the other in the skin file structure and set it to not visible.

In the hotspot that takes you to the gum add action (Mouse Click) (Show Element) (Info Button), info button being the ID of the second button for the gym.

This will overlay the button and will do what you want.

Then add the action (Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Info Button) on any point hotspot that takes you out of the gym.

Hope this helps
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
robertslade

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the suggestion ... problem is that I am using area hotspots, and there is no "add action" button.

Regards,
Rob
--
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob
Please find attached a complete working tour, complete with p2vr and ggsk files using area hotspots.

In this example I have three locations, and to make it easer have named the locations one, two and three.

When setting the area hotspots I have also kept this going, so in pano 2 there are three area hotspots, but number 2 is blank.

In the skin you will see i have added three rectangles and set them not visible.
I have then given them the proxy ID’s to correspond with the area hotspots.

What happens is when you click on an area hotspot its ID: 1, 2, etc matches with the rectangle in the skin, and what ever action you enter in the rectangle will happen when you click on the area hotspot, in other words they are linked.

I did not think that would make sense so have a look at the files. :lol:

Any how, the information window in pano 3 is different to that of pano 1 and 2.

Regards
Hopki :)
Attachments
Area Hotspot Test.ZIP
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 632 times
Last edited by Hopki on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Edit, you may also want to add a Hide “the other info box” so when you click on it form a different pano it hides the open and wrong one for that pano.

So in my example add the following in the info button:
(Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Userdata 2)

And now in the info button 2 add:
(Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Userdata)

The above only works when you click the info button, so if you have the window open in One and click on Three the wrong window will be open until you click the info button once more.

So, forget the above and do the following in the rectangles in the skin:

Add to Show button Pano 3 (Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Userdata)
Then to Hide button Pano 1 (Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Userdata 2)
And the same for Hide button Pano 2 (Mouse Click) (Hide Element) (Userdata 2)

What this does is if the window is open in One, when clicking to Three, it closes the window forcing the viewer to reopen it, in doing so opens the correct wind for that pano.
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
robertslade

Thanks - this is starting to make sense ... I took your projects and added a "full screen" button. It now works as I would want them. I need to watch the hotspot proxy ID tutorial video as well, to understand exactly what's going on!

Really appreciate your time to help.

Regards,
Rob
--
Sebastian

I realize it's a really old post, but I was wondering if there are any changes in the SKIN arrangements in the new Pano2VR 3 beta?

I'm working on very large application for one of the local developers. It's a township with large Mall, Service Apartments, Bungalows, Shop lots, Office towers and Club House. Each location will have from 10 to 15 panoramas and it require it's own Theme. I can't recycle buttons used for the Mall in my Club House panos, the themes are way different.
It's going to be standalone application run on desktop, so I'm not concern with the file size ballooned up by large skin. It's the management of such a large content that worries me. I will have literally hundreds of skin elements, from buttons, to descriptions, small still images, narration sounds, videos and 3D models, catered specifically for each project. Having one SKIN and use SHOW HIDE will be real pain a butt. Hence I would prefer to be able to have at least 6 individual sets of skins.
This is going to be a part of much larger Flash application, which will be wrapped up with 3rd party tools, to create one installer, single EXE projector with everything within. So changing panos and their respective skins by loading new panorama in new HTML document can't be done.

Is there any way, to use multiple skins within one panorama application so each loaded pano has it's own respective theme?

regards
Sebastian
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Make all the tours individual as you would if building separate tour.
Make tham all the same window size, then use the external SWF feature of V3

I tested with the embed SWF feature which also worked but it also loaded the firs SWF of the next tour, external SWF will get around this.
http://support.ggnome.at/test/PC%20pavilion.html

My test, click on the lower white square, then when in the other tour click the white square to the top right to exit back to the first
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
PanoMapper

Clever that!

Really clever...

Really bloody C L E V E R

I think they call that lateral thinking. Edward de Bono would be proud of you, Hopki.

And you have made a very cumbersom exe file into something light and airy.

Next time I'm in the UK, I'm gonna buy you a pint!

Jon

PS Now, if there was only a way of getting Pano2vr to provide a fullscreen output, rather than a limited size swf, then I think life would be even better.

Time for a drink :D
Hopki
Gnome

:D
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
smooth

mathrafal wrote: PS Now, if there was only a way of getting Pano2vr to provide a fullscreen output, rather than a limited size swf, then I think life would be even better.
You want initial fullscreen with or without a browser involved?
Of course you have been here before! LOL
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 41&p=13170

Regards, Smooth 8)
PanoMapper

Hello Smooth,

You know I am not blessed with braincells (too much Fosters in my yoof), and I did ask - without response - how those files were implemented.

Still have no idea!

Jon
smooth

mathrafal wrote: Still have no idea!
ROFL,

Download it, open the skin and cut and paste it (the contents of the tree) into your own skin.
Make sure you keep a copy of both the full.swf and exif.swf in the same directory as the final "starting" .swf or projector.exe (and what ever Mac uses .app?) if you have a Mac to make the standalone .app file.

Don't make the .html just the .swf (that you can then make into a .exe or .app)

Test it! :mrgreen:

Regards, Smooth 8)
PanoMapper

A gentleman...

As always!
smooth

Of course you can change the graphics to match your own skin design as required.

Please let me know you made it work.

Regards, Smooth 8)