Stop video 3x2

Q&A about the latest versions
carluchi

Hi,
My name is Carlos and I'm Spanish so I may not write well. I have Pano2VR and ObjectVR registered.
I have the following problem. I made a Panoramic Video with Pano2VR. But do not get it to stop automatically at the end, still run in a loop.
I really want to make an interactive tour that alternates between panoramic video and panoramic normal of one point.
Thanks for everything :wink:
carluchi

Does anyone know stop the video panoramic? :cry:
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi carluchi,

I'm not sure this can be done yet without doing some Action Script programming If even that can be done, I really don't know, but I don't see why you couldn't program it to stop on a certain frame.

Andrea is also asking for such a feature.
carluchi

Hi,
It must be easy, the problem is knowing where you enter the instruction to stop the final sequence of panoramic :roll:
lsantana

Hola Carlos !

Yo soy Luciano, de Brasil pero temporalmente basado en Barcelona.
Estoy investigando más o menos lo mismo que tu. He provado el Flash Panorama Player y el PanoSalado, sin embargo me parece que solo en el Pano2VR hay la posibilidad de utilizar video en 360.
Bueno lo que estoy intentando es navegar por distintos "estados" en un ambiente y utilizar el video como transición entre un estado y otro.

That said, I prefer to bring my solution for that in English so more people could understand and share opinion, right ?
I used the instructions in that Pano2VR Wiki to create my own SWF that contains the panoramas.
Then with lot´s of trials and errors I realized some thing:

As long as I know from my short AS3 experience, normally a video stream doesn´t loop. It usualy stops in the last frame. So I presume there is a function wich is executed when the video stops and make it run again (seek to the keyframe 0 and play again).

The key is to create a NetStatus Event Listener and point the listener to the following funcion , where ns is the NetStream object (<panoclip>.pano.video.stream // NetStream object ) and ns.time -1 means the last posible keyframe before that one.

Code: Select all

private function netStatusHandler(e:NetStatusEvent):void 
		{
			if (e.info.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop") 
			{	
				ns.pause();
				ns.seek(ns.time - 1);
			}
		}
I´m posting an example wich I´m still working on it. So the visual quality isn´t so good. But the video do stop in the end.
Take a look in the example over here.

Now I send back another question.( Should I do that in another thread?)
When changing from the panorama picture to the video there is a quick but annoying black screen flicker. Does anyone knows if it is posible to make that transition in a smooth way?
erik leeman

When changing from the panorama picture to the video there is a quick but annoying black screen flicker. Does anyone knows if it is posible to make that transition in a smooth way?
Can't you insert a timed delay? So visibility or alpha is only given when the video really is ready?
I had to use a delay for my preloaders, because the flash.events.Event.COMPLETE listeners sometimes fire too early to be relied upon.

Erik
carluchi

Thanks for answering.
The .FLV stop to the end. The problem is another instance that makes recurrence. Where is the repetition code?
I know some ActionScript, but I do not know where I can create that code.
Exactly what I want is to go from a normal panoramic to a panoramic of aelevator (video 3x2), opens the door and
other normal access to a hotspot panorama.
This is a panoramic video 3x2:
http://www.belloto.es/ejemplo/ascensor1.html