Request: Custom Pan Value per Hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
AntiochInteractive

Before making a feature request or asking whether something is feasible within the software - I want to make sure to give major props to the authors of Pano2VR - it's an amazingly flexible and awesome part of my 360 Workflow and creates awesome results!

Now - my biggest issue with Pano2VR is that there's not a simple way to add a default Pan Value to scenes BASED on the hotspot that is clicked to reach them.

For instance -- let's go ahead and say that we have three points -- A - B - C -- in a straight line. If one is on scene A and clicks to B, then they should load scene B and be facing the hotspot for scene C. If one is on scene C and clicks to B, then on scene B, they should be panned 180 degrees from A to B.

Am I making sense?

What would be ideal is for Pano2VR to detect when hotspots are linking to other tours and have an option to set Pan value per hotspot and even show a preview.

I saw a post from 360Texas about using onload and setting default pans - although with one global map, I'm not sure how I would accomplish this - and its a little bit too jury rigged for my liking...

A few of my recent tours that this would have been great for are on www.mansionscustomhomes.com -- tons of rooms and open areas -- would have been nice to have oriented the tour based on how one would be facing if they walked through a doorway ...
---
Chris Hickman
ANTIOCH INTERACTIVE MEDIA
http://www.antiochwebhost.com
http://www.metroplex360.com
k.ary.n
Gnome

Does entering the Pan, Tilt and FoV values in the Open Next Panorama action not work for you? (You can grab this info from the Viewing Parameters window.)

If you have to set an action to a button/hotspot anyway, entering this info isn't too cumbersome, right?
Attachments
Ptf.png
Ptf.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 6675 times
AntiochInteractive

OMG.
---
Chris Hickman
ANTIOCH INTERACTIVE MEDIA
http://www.antiochwebhost.com
http://www.metroplex360.com
momo

Is that action in the skin editor? I can't find it in the hotspot editor, so how do I define different actions to my hotpots?

Must we create a different skin for each panorama in a tour, with button overlays?
k.ary.n
Gnome

AntiochInteractive wrote:OMG.
:wink:
momo wrote:Is that action in the skin editor? I can't find it in the hotspot editor, so how do I define different actions to my hotpots?
Yes, this action is in the skin editor. If you want to learn how to add actions with custom skins, start with the skin editor video tutorials or the written tutorials.
momo wrote:Must we create a different skin for each panorama in a tour, with button overlays?
No. Typically, you only need one skin for the entire tour.
Mdholl

Hi. I fully agree with you, AntiochInteractive!
I have the same problem.
Now we can use hotspots with proxy and use action "Move to view". It looks bad, but works. One can store f/o/v in hotspot_target ($ht), for example.

I want to have "Set view" action...
Mdholl

:D :D :D
Thomas helped me to clarify this task!

If I misunderstood you - sorry.
I had next problem (and supposed that you have the same)
I want to use a map and use a hotspots, defined to use proxy (to be a child of a map dot), as it described in tutorial.
So, now the only thing I have to add is action "Open next panorama" with Pan/Fov/Tilt "$ht"!!! That is all!

here is a screen.

Perhaps, I just a stupid boy and its clear for everyone but me...
In any case I VERY glad to solve this problem. 8)

Thanks, Thomas.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (18.71 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
momo

k.ary.n wrote:Yes, this action is in the skin editor. If you want to learn how to add actions with custom skins, start with the skin editor video tutorials or the written tutorials.
momo wrote:Must we create a different skin for each panorama in a tour, with button overlays?
k.ary.n wrote:No. Typically, you only need one skin for the entire tour.
Thank you for replying, and I did see all the tutorials. So I feel a bit stupid not being able to work this out...

I don't want to use a map for my tour.
Every panorama in the tour has a different fov. If I enter a fov action for the hotspot in the skin editor, it will be the same for all hotspots.
The only way I can figure out so far, is to create 20 hotspots in the skin for a 10 step tour, and use a different skin-id for each hotspot. It would be much more practical if I could define the fov in the actual hotspots, just like we can define a target for the url.

Or must I create an invisible map and use proxies?

If the whole tour must be defined in the skin, the skin cannot be reused in other tours or panoramas. It seems more logical to me to define fov in the hotspot editor, and have the skin define the look and feel of the panoramas.

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand this, and sorry for hijacking the thread, I thought it's the same problem we were having
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Just looking at this thread,
If in the point hotspot editor you enter the pan/tilt/fov in the Target filed you can use the place holder $ht to read the data.

So if you enter in the target field say 50/0/70, when you click the hotspot that’s the view you will see when you get there.
This works when you enter a swf file in the Url field:

Url: one.swf, Target: 50/0/70

The below link has a three node tour, the view is set to always look forward.
Tour

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
momo

Thank you Hopki,

that was a good explanation.

In hotspot editor:
Enter flashfile.swf in URL and fov /x/y/z in Target

In Skin editor, hotspot:
Action next panorama, enter $hu in URL, and $ht in fov

And it works :)
Hopki
Gnome

The key to this is:
swf file in the Url field, then Target is P/T/FoV

An htm or html file in the Url, then the target will be either _self or _blank

_self replaces the html page with the new one and _blank opens a new window.
Hope that helps
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/