Pano2VR v3 beta2

Q&A about the latest versions
ronrack

It seems in Pano2vr-v3.0beta2 that the option in the advanced settings box to change colors of the text, background, and border produce no results, output remains black on white no matter what colors I select, at least on my Macbook OS10.5.8

ron rack
Ron Rack
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
http://360around.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

ronrack wrote:It seems in Pano2vr-v3.0beta2 that the option in the advanced settings box to change colors of the text, background, and border produce no results, output remains black on white no matter what colors I select, at least on my Macbook OS10.5.8
This is known behavior because this style only effects area hotspots. You can design your own point hotspots in the skin editor. Never the less it should be easy to use the styles also in the systems default hotspots so I have added it to the wish list Issue #86.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

skinned hotspot not work correctly it does not read the URL from his line

not-skinned hotspot work correctly
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Hum
what do you mean exactly ?
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hum@no.id

Hi, Hopki

Plain hotspot with my skin (in attach), which previously worked on the URLs bar.... Now there is an empty click...null result

Previously, by default, the program defines a standard hotspot and it worked this way without filling in the upper rows (eg ID etc.)
Attachments
2009_standart2_hs.ggsk
(87.85 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
hs.png
hs.png (28.66 KiB) Viewed 9497 times
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Hum
just add the following to the hotspot template in the skin.

Mouse Click > Open Next Panorama > Url: $hu > Pan/Tilt/FoV: $ht

The reason is there was a bug, but not a bad bug, it let the hotspots work without the required action. Now the bug is fixed and the action is required.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Mdholl

Hopki wrote:Hi Hum
just add the following to the hotspot template in the skin.

Mouse Click > Open Next Panorama > Url: $hu > Pan/Tilt/FoV: $ht

The reason is there was a bug, but not a bad bug, it let the hotspots work without the required action. Now the bug is fixed and the action is required.
Hopki
I dont like it A LOT...
The approach when blank fields were treated as $hu and $ht much more times better, imho.
Had no time to play with new beta though.

And what? Now I have to redo all my 120 *.p2vr?
Yes, I do can do it in an external text editor automatically.

ok.
Dont you think, that at least you should fill these fields when user ended to edit a hotspot?
Mdholl

perhaps it is the best place to post my wishes:

I want to

1. have adjustable "default flash output settings".
It means that I have to specify cube-face size, FOV, sensitivity, auto-rotation, quality, ets ets ets. I would like to change only cube-face size for new pano doing flash file. Batch tool does not solves this totally (and a lot of users does not know how to use it - poor gui, imho).

2. have a check-box "evaluate" for actions.
It means that, for example, I add to a hotspot an action "Set text -> prev_pano_name ->$ud". Ok. after it I can display it as a text in the next pano. BUT cant go back by clicking the button with an action "Go to next pano -> prev_pano_name". Can you feel the sense? If I were able to say to program, "get the variable value, but not variable name"...
-- It is an easy way to solve forward and backward problem (1 step only).
-- It will allow to do a lot of totally new things.

3. Cant remember what else I wished to have :D

Thanks for reading. :wink:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
The correct way has always been that the Go To Url or Open Next Panorama action is used in the hotspot template with the place holders $hu and $ht. The place holders link the hotspot template to the hotspot Url and Pan/Tilt/FoV or Target fields in the hotspot editor.
You may not need the $ht if no data has been entered in the hotspot editor but I would always put it in as a matter of course and good practice.
Mdholl wrote: And what? Now I have to redo all my 120 *.p2vr?
Yes, I do can do it in an external text editor automatically.
This does not mean that panoramas will stop working, it just means that a simple action needs to be added to to the skin before new panoramas are produced with the latest beta.
Mdholl wrote: Dont you think, that at least you should fill these fields when user ended to edit a hotspot?
Not sure what you mean?
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
hum@no.id

Hi again Hopki
ie if you download the new installer, there will be a Fixed the bug? Or fix it your recommendation from addition code?

I mean it (recommendation) ... but ... I was in the subject long ago...
how to about newbies, who will wonder at the not-inclusion of the simplest ways?

*If possible, keep the old simple functions... like upper example

thnx
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Hum
The new installer will require the above actions before the hotspot template will work properly. Its not an additional action, its an action you should have been using anyway if you follow the tutorials.

For new people to the program, if they look at the documentation or follow the videos they will use the correct actions because thats how they tell you how to set up hotspot templates.

Personally I have always used the actions, all my skins with hotspot templates use them because when I first started with the skin editor, thats how I was shown how to set them up.

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
hum@no.id

Hopki
Yes you are right, it's not difficult WF... and this is true
hum@no.id

I now compare the transitions of different players, with cross dissolve ...
it turns out one feature, such as those Pano2VR V3, the transition takes place without a long caching previous pan-texture, and consequently the use of multi-tiles we get just a non-texture clean holes ... maybe need it keep the previous panorama a little longer to downloading the next panorama (?)

this is very noticeable at not quality broadband internet

*or rather increase the transition time and get the same effect as saving the previous texture :roll: I have it's not check
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Hum
Thanks for the information,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com