No cylindrical looping without 3D distortion

Q&A about the latest versions
technopol

Before I buy Pano2VR, I want to know if horizontal looping works in cylindrical mode when 3D distortion is disable, with the licensed version; because it doesn't in the trial mode.
smooth

You don't say what projection your Cylindrical panorama is?
My guess is that it will be Equirectangular.

Drop the Cylindrical panorama image onto a 2:1 aspect ratio canvas (exactly twice as wide as tall).
Import into Pano2VR as a Equirectangular image and then set your tilt +/- limits.
This will allow you to work with 2D/3D methods.

Regards, Smooth 8)
technopol

Our projection is pure partial 360° cylindrical.

I tried your solution with Equirectangular input type, but when I came to set the "no 3D distortion" in the "Tile Settings", the option was not there (obviously since equirectangular projections always need 3D distortion to be properly shown :wink: ).

We bought the license so we got the answer: continuous 360° horizontal looping doesn't work in Pano2VR 2.3.4's flash output using Input Type Cylinder and "no 3D distortion" enabled, even with Horizontal FOV set to 360°. Would be cool if that feature could be added; we need it in our application.

thanks,
technopol
Lars Holst Hansen

I can only second the request: the possibility of 360° looping with pure cylidrical images in flash. It should be far less complicated than the 3D distortion that I sometimes find annoying. It works fine in QuickTime so for flash I will consider it a bug, really.
/Lars Holst Hansen