HTML5 Audio in Firefox

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

I note that the HTML5 panos work fine in the current version of Firefox. I should say, they mostly work. The audio does not work. I believe this is because Firefox in HTML5 wants audio in .ogg format for its built in audio reader. The HTML5 preference is to use multiple formats and allow the browser to use whichever it prefers. Is there a way to do this in Pano2VR? And if not, can I put this on the wish list for future versions?

Ron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron
This is quite simple to do. the only thing that looks odd is when you select a sound the .ogg files are greyed out an can not be selected.
For background music use the Static sound mode, add a sound spot, add your mp3 file. Add another sound spot and you will have to type in the .ogg file, if its the same file name as the mp3, select that and manually change the file extension to .ogg.
Output and open in FF, all should be working.
This also works with sounds in the skin editor, this does mean you have to have two actions for the two sounds, it would be nice to enter more than one file type at a time to cover all browsers. However this is on the bug tracker Issue #233

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rsmkns

Thanks, Hopki. This worked like a charm.