Different sound files in linked html5 tours

Q&A about the latest versions
dannyboy

Hi all,

Is it possible to have different sound files play in different linked tours?
Im doing a 3 pano tour and each one needs to have an associated sound file with it and play once loaded.

Im not super code savvy so go easy on me!

Thanks
Dan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dan,
The thing with HTML5 is that if you intend for the tours to work on the Apple devices you must understand the limitations.
Apple will not let you autostart sound. So I would suggest that you have a splash screen that shows people how to use the panorama when you first open.
Then as you close it, the close button plays the first sound file.

In the sound editor of each p2vr project file add the required sound as a Static sound with loop set to -1, then give them all the same ID, I have used sound.
Then in the Hotspot template in the skin add mouse click => play sound => loop: 1 => target: sound as well as the open next panorama or Go To Url.

As they all have the same ID the first sound will stop in favour of the next, just make sure there is a mouse click => play sound => loop: 1 => target: sound action in the splash screen close to start it all off.

The reason for stopping the sound with a -1 in the sound editor is so it will behave the same on a computer as well as an iPad etc.

Please see attached zip for working demo.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
html5 sound.zip
(1015.41 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
dannyboy

Thanks for the quick reply Hopki that sorts that problem out.
Thanks for your time.
Dan