viewing problem HTML5

Q&A about the latest versions
burakercumen

I have created these VR Tours with pano2VR - output HTML5 with flash fallback...On flash supporting devices everything is fine but we looked on the mac book of a friend and saw that where the buttons of the skin are - are just "?" icons...The skin I've used is "simplex_notooltip.ggsk" and the buttons are functioning properly...Here's some feedback I got on another forum:
1.) "Everything looks OK on my iMac"
2.)"Everything is fine on my Mac, also, but on an iPad 3, the images for the buttons show only a "?" icon as you stated. It is the same icon that I would expect on a web page when the linked image can not be found by the browser. The buttons all function properly and the spherical image displayed in a normal manner. I was able to navigate to the cafe spherical picture using the hot link buttons. I assume the buttons are done using Flash which is why they don't display."

Any idea what the problem can be and what is the solution? Any answer will be highly appreciated...

http://burakercumen.com/images/sanal-tu ... ama_1.html

http://burakercumen.com/images/sanal-tu ... ama_1.html

workflow:

1.)input the panorama file (tif)
2.)make the necessary adjustments in viewing parameters
3.)create hotspots
4.)add user data
5.)create flash output with HTML enabled
6.) create HTML5 output with providing alternative images for smaller screen sizes and in the HTML tab checking "the fullscreen" and "prefer flash if available" options after entering the name of the already cretaed flash panorama (flash fallback)
frodo

Hi!
It is not necessary to create the html file when creating the swf file. Just create the swf file and use the html5 file to load it. Indicating the right swf file name in the fallback will open the swf file when necessary. If you tick "prefer flash if available" it will open always flash and use html5 as a kind of fallback. I mention this because of a post in the other forum. I´ve had that issue with the ? sign. Check if the skin file is loaded and if the skin images are also loaded in the corresponding image folder. I mean once uploaded. I use filezilla to upload my projects and sometimes some immages are not correctly loaded so I have to check each folder when something like that happened.
Regards, Martin

I´ve uploaded an example I´ve just created only to show you what happens. I erased on purpose the svg files from the image folder.
http://www.msk360.com.ar/test2/test2.html

It has no flash fallback only html5.
burakercumen

Martin thank you very much for your feedback...
Burak
vilmer

Hey martin, curious as I am I just opened your pano using firefox12, and I see the interior of a car projected on the outside of a rotating cube. While this looks very cool, I don't think that it is supposed to be like that?

Saludos,
Ronald
burakercumen

The weird thing is: I have created these panos before...And when I uploaded them the first time there was not this problem...After that I have made changes on them, deleted the older versions on the server and uploaded again on the server...And I have the problem with the "?" icons...
frodo

Hi! Did you check if the images/icons were correctly uploaded. You also could check the panorama offline with safari, being sure not to have the flash fallback activated, because ir you have, safari will choose the swf file.
@ Vilmer thanks for checking.
It works ok in sarari as well as on my ipod.
Regards, Martin

Update: I´ve just tested it in chrome and it also performs in a strange way, showing only one single cubeface. It´s because I have no flash fallback and therefore it only shows the html5.
360Texas

Only a few browsers are HTML5 content aware and display properly.

You probably should use combination Flash fallback and HTML5 for next year or so in order for ALL browsers can see ALL your content.

It is senseless for me to ask questions about why one browser works and another doesn't. Some browsers are just not designed to use HTML5 yet.

" You said: The weird thing is: I have created these panos before...And when I uploaded them the first time there was not this problem...After that I have made changes on them, deleted the older versions on the server and uploaded again on the server...And I have the problem with the "?" icons..."

When asking questions in the forum like above it would be helpful to ALSO mention what computer you used = desktop iOS? or Win OS?", Browser, Safari version ? with or without flash ver installed, same for Firefox version ? , Chrome version? IE version ? || Tablet (same list) || Smartphone (same list).

The more specific information you provide the fewer return follow up questions we will ask BEFORE we can help you.

For example I use
desktop PC Vista: Safari 5.1.7, Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 w/Flash, Chrome 18 and IE 9 w/flash.
iPad 3 with Safari
Smart Phone HTC Evo 4g with native browser AND downloaded Adobe Flash 11.

Regarding the [? Icon] it probably means that. That button is not pathed correctly, or does not exist, or does exist but is named differently. I found working with pano2vr that the .svg button icons were placed in the /images folder. If the button was a 2 mouse state button [hover and select] then there would be 2 iterations of that single button in the /images folder. Possibly you might have accidently deleted one of the zoom out states making it an incomplete zoom out button set.

CAR: With desktop Safari 5.1.7 pano HTML5 images loads, rotates, zoom in properly. Has a placeholder button box but it still has a no (-) graphic zoom out button
CAR: With IE 9 uses Flash all I see is a full wide screen and noticed that all the tiles seem to load stacked on top of each other, Skin toolbar has a (+) button that when moused over grows larger with a clickable zoom in action. Skin toolbar has a [ ] button on right side with no graphics BUT when you click on it after zooming in --- this blank button zooms out.

Another issue I have found is that ONCE YOU HAVE CORRECTED the page and it works locally, once you UPLOAD it to your server you might find that apparantly it still does not perfrom as intended.... then by all means make sure you have CLEARED your browser cache... which causes the browser to bring and display a fresh copy of the page.

But I am sure that you already knew about these discussion items.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
burakercumen

Dave thank you very much for the feedback...I don't own mac or i-devices and have no knowledge about their operating systems or browsers...It was just a check on the macbook of a friend where we saw these "?" icons...By a simlar problem on a thread (http://www.panoguide.com/r/?p=http%3A%2 ... ex%2Bhtml5) back about two years ago Thomas wrote: "thomas wrote:I guess the problem is your web server. SVG images should have the mime type image/svg+xml but your server sends them as text/html which confuses Safari. If you don't have full control of the web server you can try to add the correct mime type in your .htaccess file with this line:

Code: Select all
AddType image/svg+xml svg"

I think that I have the same problem...I recently changed the server and the first time I have uploaded these vr tours I was using another server...I asked for technical support and I'm hoping the issue will be solved very soon...
Burak
360Texas

There are 2 buttons in your skin -> [+ zoom in] and a place holder for the [ blank for zoom out ] button.

Because if the + zoom in .svg is visible than the issue is not the server mime.
Issue is with not being able to see the zoom out graphic
Which means to me... the minus - graphic is missing or has been mis named or has been corrupted.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com