[P2VR Pro 4 b2 Mac] Open Next and Open Previous Nodes

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

I’ve just started using Pano2VR Pro, and must say I’m very impressed with this major upgrade and many new features. It will make building large tours much easier. Thanks for all the hard work.

Question: Is there any way to put buttons on the Flash skin that will direct the viewer to the next or previous panoramas, using the node count in the tour? I’m thinking something like

Mouse Click ->Open Next Panorama ->(Current node #) + 1
or
Mouse Click ->Open Next Panorama ->(Current node #) - 1

I know I could direct with hotspots, but I dislike the look of hotspot markers on landscape panoramas. To my eye, they’re unsightly blemishes on otherwise beautiful views.

Judy Arndt
--
Pano2VR Pro 4 beta2
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.8
kris

Judy i think this is what you are looking for http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7608
Judy-A

Kris, thanks for the link. The suggestion would work with "old-style" tours where each scene has it's own SWF file.

However, because Pano2VR Pro outputs a tour to a single SWF file, that method can’t be used.

Judy
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Judy,
This is a good suggestion, please see Issue #584
The suggestion regarding the method with the user data will work.
However you have to use the node name that Pano2VR is looking for.
Example:

Code: Select all

{node1} {node2} {node3}
For the opening panorama/first node, put {node2} in the Source User Date text field then add a button in the skin with the action:

Mouse Click => Open next Panorama => URL: $us => Pan/Tilt/FoV:
Then in Node 2 add {node3} in the Source text field.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Judy-A

Hopki wrote: For the opening panorama/first node, put {node2} in the Source User Date text field then add a button in the skin with the action:

Mouse Click => Open next Panorama => URL: $us => Pan/Tilt/FoV:
Then in Node 2 add {node3} in the Source text field.
Thanks Hopki,

I tried this and it works.

As it is now, the problem is that I must reserve two existing userdata fields for Previous and Next.

If we can use Node numbers as sources of action, we will need way to view node numbers without dragging them on the skin and viewing the skin. Perhaps the tooltip info panel in the tour browser could include the node number.

As for my request for an automated sequence, I assume it would use the tour’s numerical node sequence. This presents a problem for tours that grow organically, rather than sequentially.

In my tour, I added a pano out of sequence, so I want my tour to run nodes [...] 9, 10, 16, 11, 12 etc. I didn’t want to have to start a new tour and re-enter all my User Data.

Some kind of customization of the tour sequence would be helpful.

Judy Arndt