pan02vr4 pro tour. only one SWF file now?

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

I'm using my standard skin which I use for my main client and wondering what I need to change in it to make it compatible with V4

Right now I have 6 panoramas in the project editor but apparently only one HUGE swf file is created now instead of the v3 method of having 6 projects for 6 panos and one master project to control the skin.
How on earth do I edit my map in the skin editor now so that all the nodes are linked? :/

I've been looking at the youtube tutorials and the link to edit master node links to the same video as making html5

Any pointers appreciated here, as usual I'm up against damn deadlines to get this tour out.

Cheers, Rob.
RobM

will look, and hope I can figure it out.
Sadly I'm seriously not into the back-end dev side, photography is filling my time so having to start all over is just a strain.

Only an HTML file is output there, I can assume that the dedicated SWF output option is now redundant and the FLASH fall back will take care of FLASH browsers?

This could really screw me up as I have had custom FLASH and HTML5 skins made for specific client needs :/
RobM

and by not creating a SWF, I have no option to add 'tour created by..." in the advanced tab.

<sigh>

Copy/pasted the map marker template from Simplex, now trying to figure how to wire it up.

I'm going to have to go back to V3, I can't afford the time right now to work this out, the project needs to be out the door. Hopefully I'll get some soft time soon to play.
Judy-A

RobM wrote:Any pointers appreciated here, as usual I'm up against damn deadlines to get this tour out.
Hi Rob,

I’m finding that Pro4 is quite a different animal than version 3. There’s a learning curve involved. If you’re on tight deadlines, I’d recommend you stick with version 3 for production.

New Pro 4 features are explained in scattered posts on this forum, but it takes quite a bit of searching to find what you need. Wait for some tutorials for Pro 4 which is, after all, still in beta and subject to changes from one release to the next.

Judy
360Texas

I think Thomas -- Pano2vr Version 4.0 went live today 20Nov12.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7940
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

360Texas wrote:I think Thomas -- Pano2vr Version 4.0 went live today 20Nov12.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7940
Exactly ^
That's why I went for it in V4 earlier.. As Judy says, I. sticking to V3 right now for critical work. I'm not at all doubting V4 as an improvement over v3 but I'm a photographer first, software fiddler/setterupper 2nd.

Right now i'm up to my neck shooting executive jets which is taking me all over the place at short notice and turn-around time is tight. V4 is without a doubt going to make my life easier but getting is setup and optimised is going to take some time. I'll probably be outsourcing that again too. I'd love to be able to do it myself but I'm not cost effective at doing it.
RobM

I'd still like to know how we can 'brand' the unbranded Pro version with our own details if we no longer need to output the project to an SWF option.

Plus, I have a custom tour icon to call up the map, in V4 it's not being show accurately as it was in V3, it is now bigger, despite being set to the same scale as it was in V3.
RobM

Well?

I'm hoping to get a solid reply on this very soon.

Branding. It could be added in SWF but I don't intend producing a single SWF file of a whole tour.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob,
Only an HTML file is output there, I can assume that the dedicated SWF output option is now redundant and the FLASH fall back will take care of FLASH browsers?
No this is not the case you can still make a flash output and have your different skins. Just add the SWF in the HTML5's Flash Fallback the same as you did in version 3.x. The HTML5 Flash Fallback Player does not support Multi-Resolution or Transitions. It was just a quick and convenient way of providing Flash Fallback from HTML5 without having to make a Flash output.
and by not creating a SWF, I have no option to add 'tour created by..." in the advanced tab.
If you use the Flash output you can brand it as before.
I have a custom tour icon to call up the map, in V4 it's not being show accurately as it was in V3, it is now bigger, despite being set to the same scale as it was in V3.
Can you send a ggsk file with your tour icon so I can take a look.

About Tour Builder and the single SWF:
Yes the Pro version puts all the images in one SWF file so yes it will be quite large if you have many nodes.
However in the Flash output you can now Externalise Panorama Images. This puts the cube faces in a folder, it does have the same file path as the HTML5 output. As long as the cube face size is the same for the Flash and HTML5 output all will be good. You can of course change the file name so the HTML5 and Flash outputs do not use the same folder. So like as before with version 3.x each output has its own images.

The other way is to use multi-resolution, you can set just one level or go the full hog and have many.
In both cases the images are put in folders and the swf only has the low resolution preview images and skin images, however you can also choose to externalise the skin images if your skin has lots of heavy files, popup pictures etc.

Like the old way of having separate SWF files the images are only called when needed.
I hope this sheds some light on this.
Now that the interface is finalised and V4 is out you should start to see new tutorials and tips coming out soon.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/