Pano2VR beta5 release

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

I am happy to announce the new beta5. The main new feature is the HTML export tab. Instead of a simple text replacement engine as in Pano2QTVR I created a much more powerful tool for HTML export. The engine works similar to PHP with embed code in the document, but you can also create your own input fields within Pano2VR. The engine uses Javascript as the underlying scripting language. Some examples for the HTML export are included with the standard installer. Particularly the example for SPi-V demonstrate the power and the possibilities of this approach. It should be easy to adapt this template for other players like the Flashpanoramas player.
The QTVR and Flash templates allow to change the different colors within the HTML file, show or hide the user data table, and include the option to embed background sound.

Other changes with beta5:
  • new "anchor" control
  • option to disable anti aliasing for remapping
  • option to edit each separate cube face in the hotspot editor to save memory
  • cube face export in the "remapping" output with different naming schemes and quality settings per cube face
  • many bugs fixes
The new version can be downloaded from here.
MfG, Thomas
Roy Reed

Great stuff with the new release, Thomas.

One tiny little typo on the Flash dialog (English, Win XP):
p2vr.png
p2vr.png (72.58 KiB) Viewed 15269 times
hum@no.id

I long expected Cursor Pointers (like as QTVR) .... but probably not fate... Flashpanoramas player has already done this particularity...

thnx
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

The new beta is functioning very well and although the HTML output is not ready for publication without further authoring it is a big step in the direction of an "all-in-one" solution for creating and authoring all the files that are needed.

To my supprise you even thought about an option for embedding an external video pano so now it is very easy to create the HTML file for timelapse panos (FLV/MP4).
BTW, it is obvious that before this option can be used it is neccesary that the video pano already must be created otherwise it is not possible to link the (low-res) flash pano of the project to the external video pano.

Best,

Wim
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:The engine works similar to PHP with embed code in the document, but you can also create your own input fields within Pano2VR.
Thomas, can you give some info how to create custom made input fields within Pano2VR ?
Thanks,

Wim
g8dhe

Thomas,
Excellent !!
I joined tonight to ask if it would be possible to generate XML files for the like of Immervision etc. only to find the new Beta with all the required features already built in!! You must have been listening :D
I have already created a basic Immervision "panorama.xml" file with just a little exploring to find out your internal variable names, it couldn't have been simpler.

As ever you just complete one addition and your customers come back asking for more of course :P So with that in mind;
Any chance of a list of all the variable names we can use in generating the files ? It took a little while to pickup on the "360-config.viewingparameter." as opposed to "config.viewingparameter." ones :roll:
Also any chance of being able to output more than a single file ? For Immervision it would be nice to generate not only the .XML but also the .HTML simultaneously.

I assume by the way that the fov parameter is the Horizontal FoV, I ask because Immervision use Diagonal FoV which means some calculations / fudging to get an equivalent value :(

Geoff
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Roy Reed wrote: One tiny little typo on the Flash dialog (English, Win XP):
Thx, this is fixed in the next version.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote:
thomas wrote:The engine works similar to PHP with embed code in the document, but you can also create your own input fields within Pano2VR.
Thomas, can you give some info how to create custom made input fields within Pano2VR ?
I did a short write up at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/HTML_Template and I will try to extend the article over time. I guess the best way is to look at ready made template and modify the code to your needs.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

g8dhe wrote: I joined tonight to ask if it would be possible to generate XML files for the like of Immervision etc. only to find the new Beta with all the required features already built in!! You must have been listening :D
I have already created a basic Immervision "panorama.xml" file with just a little exploring to find out your internal variable names, it couldn't have been simpler.
Nice to hear.
g8dhe wrote: As ever you just complete one addition and your customers come back asking for more of course :P So with that in mind;
Any chance of a list of all the variable names we can use in generating the files ? It took a little while to pickup on the "360-config.viewingparameter." as opposed to "config.viewingparameter." ones :roll:
I tried to write up some stuff in http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/HTML_Template but the variable names follow the same pattern as the .p2vr project file so if you want to use a value just look it up in the project file like pan - min is stored in:

Code: Select all

<panorama>
    <input>
      <type>auto</type>
      <filename>park.mov</filename>
    </input>
    <viewingparameter>
      <pan>
        <start>66.5</start>
        <min>0</min>
        <max>360</max>
so the corresponding variable is config.viewingparameter.pan.value("min") where the last part is to get the actual value. There is also config.viewingparameter.pan.minimum() but for the moment those names are not documented (min can't be used in this case because it's a reserved name). The first method is the saver one and should work in all cases and you can find out the name very easy. The same method works with the output object for the current output format. The 360-config.viewingparameter. from your example means 360.0 - config.viewingparameter. so its basically inverting the direction of the pan angle to meet the need for SPi-V.
Also any chance of being able to output more than a single file ? For Immervision it would be nice to generate not only the .XML but also the .HTML simultaneously.
Yes! If you look into the SPi-V template you can see that a second file is created. You can do this with document.createfile(string dst, string content) or document.createutf8file(string dst, string content) depending on the encoding needed.
I assume by the way that the fov parameter is the Horizontal FoV, I ask because Immervision use Diagonal FoV which means some calculations / fudging to get an equivalent value :(
No, it's the vertical FoV but SPi-V uses the horizontal FoV so you can find this code also in the SPi-V template. For the diagonal FoV the code should look like this:

Code: Select all

dfov=2*Math.atan(Math.sqrt(formvalue["width"]*formvalue["width"] + formvalue["height"]*formvalue["height"])/formvalue["height"] * (Math.tan((output.fov() / 2)*Math.PI/180)))*180/Math.PI;
MfG, Thomas
smooth

There still appears to be issues with the Flash loading screen and the Image/logo - Loading bar and Text. With the Loading Bar and Text not visible (DO NOT SHOW) if you have selected to have a loading image. I believe this is a layer issue. The fault/bug for me has been over the last couple of Betas.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:I did a short write up at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/HTML_Template and I will try to extend the article over time. I guess the best way is to look at ready made template and modify the code to your needs.
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for clearifying the HTML templates, it will not be a hard job to modify the templates.

I see the big advantage of the structure of the HTML templates, because they can be modified it will be possible to produce a fully customized HTML file and that's great.

BTW, in the default Flash template "normal" the form asks 2 times for the background color with the line:
form.addColorButton("tablebgcolor","Table Background Color","#dddddd");
so I removed the extra line in the template.

Best,
Wim

EDIT:
I found out that with the new HTML option it is possible to make a template for creating ready for publishing HTML files with all the bells and whistles you need (logo's, links, tables, text, etc. etc.) This option really rocks !

Looks this layout familiar to you ?
http://www.dmmdh.nl/panos/PANO2VR/eifeltoren/eifel.html
It is created with a customized Pano2VR full screen template
thomas
Chief Gnome

smooth wrote:There still appears to be issues with the Flash loading screen and the Image/logo - Loading bar and Text. With the Loading Bar and Text not visible (DO NOT SHOW) if you have selected to have a loading image. I believe this is a layer issue. The fault/bug for me has been over the last couple of Betas.
Hmmm... for me this works as you can see at this sample http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_ ... unnen_skin . Can you point me to a not working example created with beta5?
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just posted a small update version beta5a with smaller cosmetic changes like the degree sign, without doubled color line in Flash and the controller for Flash 8 will now be automatically copied.
MfG, Thomas
g8dhe

Many thanks Thomas, most of that makes sense.
One area that isn't, is creating a list of entries for a ComboBox;
addComboBox(string id, string label, array items,int default=0)
What is the syntax for the array items :?: {} gets me a working box but neither creating an array separately or any format I've tried works so far :?

Ah yes another question, how can I get template parameters completed when its running in a droplet :?: Looks like we need another option on the Droplet creation page asking if Template parameters need to be popped up :?:

Geoff
Last edited by g8dhe on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
smooth

thomas wrote:I just posted a small update version beta5a with smaller cosmetic changes like the degree sign, without doubled color line in Flash and the controller for Flash 8 will now be automatically copied.
Did you fix the loading screen problem with image, loading bar and text?

Regards, Smooth 8)