swf background color

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!
I sent standalone .swf files to my client. He then embed the files in his webpage. He asked me if I can change the background color of the swf folder. Happens that he made a frame which is bigger than the actual swf size and therefore the background shows up.
Under window in the Flash Output I set the scaling to "none" so that the size remains the same, but when maximizing it the background colour shows up. That´s the color I want to change. I´ve searched the forum so far and the soft itself if there is a setting. Maybe it is more something about the player and not the soft.
I hope it is understandable what I´m asking for.
Thanks,
Martin
frodo

Hi!
Searching if I could find an answer under settings or in the Flash Output window I found something strange to me.
I opened Pano2VR as if I want to create a new project. Without loading any image I opened the "Flash Output" window and under "Window" where one sets the size or scaling you have the chance to tick "Avoid visible background".

Once an image is loaded, it disappeared:

Is it that what I need?

Regards, Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin
This may help, it changes the background colour of the flash player which is normally light gray:

Code: Select all

p2q_EmbedFlash('yourpano.swf','100%','100%','allowFullScreen','true','bgcolor','ffffff','trapallkeys','true','FlashVars');
As in the above just add bgcolor','ffffff to the code, of course you can change the colour to whatever suits.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
frodo

Hi Hopki!
Thanks for your reply, but where should I add that code? My output is only the .swf file.
Regarding my second post, what could be the explanation?

Thanks, Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin

The background code will be placed in the HTML page the SWF will be in, if you are only providing the SWF then your customer must do this.

The Avoid visible background is when you have a Flat image as an input. As you have no image Pano2VR gives you this option.
Regards
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
frodo

Hi, Hopki!
Thanks for your reply. I will tell my client.
Regars, Martin
Noisy

They will usually need to change the value of the bgcolor parameter in three separate places to support different browsers depending on how they are embedding.