Show external pictures inside pano, flash and html5

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
@ soulbrother

I did post a skin that did exactly what you wanted, but I can not find it.
However, if you are using a set text action to show the image, you can use a set text action to change them.
Have buttons across the bottom that when clicked will have a set text the new image targeting the text box/external loader.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Hopki wrote:Hi
@ soulbrother

I did post a skin that did exactly what you wanted, but I can not find it.
However, if you are using a set text action to show the image, you can use a set text action to change them.
Have buttons across the bottom that when clicked will have a set text the new image targeting the text box/external loader.
Regards
Hopki
Hi again!

yes your description sounds as I could try a test.
At the moment I told my customer that it will not be possible at this time and unfortunately I do not find the time for testing, but I will not forget you tip !

Thanks a lot !!

Best regards from sunny Munich ;-)
soulbrother

soulbrother wrote:
Hopki wrote:Hi
You can use Hotspot Proxy ID's to link a point hotspot to a container, this container will have the actions to set text and scale the text box that will show the image.

I am away now for the weekend and have limited internet, bluetooth to my phone GPRS with poor signal, ok for e-mails but thats about it.
Regards
Hopki
This was the only thing that I missed - I am totaly happy now that it works !!!

Best thanks again !!!

Correction:

This does work with Safari Browser in MAC and on PC, but does NOT open the pictures on real a iPad.
It causes an error message ( in the developer error concole of Safari):
TypeError: Result of expression 'me._skin' [undefined] is not an object.

thies err.message is shown on MAC and PC, but the external picture is correctly shown
(Safari does not "block" the process on MAC and PC)

On a real iPad(1) the same message is shown in the debug-concole BUT the ext. pic. is NOT shown !

I hope a solution can be found asap.

Find attached the skin file and here a link to a pano with 2 hs for external pictures that was created with exactly that skin:
http://www.panobilder.de/test3

10000000 Thanks to all those can possibly help...
Attachments
html5-ge-TEST-1.ggsk
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Ok this works fine, note in the hotspot editor the point hotspot has the ID of image_01, and the Skin ID is hotspot_01.

In the skin the hotspot template has the id of hotspot_01, I have renamed the text box that will show the image to image_loader.
The container has the Hotspot Proxy ID of image_01 to match the ID of the point hotspot.

To make this even easier, you only need one image loader text box and one Hotspot template to show many images.

How:
In the Hotspot Editor add the image call to the Target text field.
Make sure all the point Hotspots IDs in the Hotspot Editor that will show an image is image.

The container will have the Hotspot Proxy ID of image.
It will have the following Source and Actions:

Mouse Click => Set Text => Text: $ht => Target: image_loader
Mouse Click => Set Element Scale => Scale X/Y: 1/1 => Target: image_loader

Now you can set as many point hotspots in the hotspot editor and have a different image aper at each point.

Regards
Hopki
Attachments
MAN-html5-ge-TEST-1.ggsk
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hopki wrote:.........
To make this even easier, you only need one image loader text box and one Hotspot template to show many images.
This sounds to good to be true ;-)

test...test....test...

A first and fast test seem to work !

But - of course - I need to modify my flash-skin ( for the same tour) ...

Many thanks again !!
soulbrother

I get crazy...

Now the request on flash:

How to tell the loader for external pictures to use the URL that is written (now) in the $ht

Is that possible anyhow, I tried so many "combinations" the last hour, but it doesn´t work.

Please find the flash-skin attached ( I deleted all other commands to keep it simple).

What is wrong, what do I need to modify to work with the hotspot-editor data that we have entered to make it run with the "special" html5 skin before...

thanks again for your help
Attachments
ext-pictures-flash.ggsk
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Ok, put the below actions in the Hotspot Template, hotspot_01, or you can leave them in the hotspot image, but I like to put it in the template.
Mouse Click => Show Element => Target: image_loader
Mouse Click => Set Text => Text: $ht => Target: image_loader

In the Hotspot Editor put your image call in the Target text field.
As you are now using a working loader, you don't need the special characters, so to call a image on a different server just type in http://...........
Foe an image in the seam folder, image.jpg

Also don't forget with Flash you may have the local flash security causing the image not to show, as a thought, please see: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Fla ... y_Settings
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com