html5 skin

Q&A about the latest versions
brianwatson

Hi Hopki,
Files attached, simplified: I selected a small one.
I seem to have got my button images in two places, but I have put the attached folder on my server, and the skin images are missing on my iPad. The iPad Debug console reports no errors despite this.

The Error section of the Web Inspector in Safari on my iMac says:
"Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type image/svg+xml"

Thanks,
Brian
Attachments
BrianWatsonTest.zip
(9.87 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Brian
I am sorry to say it is your mime type, here is your files on my server: http://support.ggno.me/brian
This works perfectly on my iPad, also using a Terminal I get this back from your website:
Content-Type: text/plain

The same test from my website:
Content-Type: image/svg+xml

Over to your hosting....
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
brianwatson

Hi Hopki,
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to sort this out. I really am most grateful, and I now have some ammunition to fire at Fasthosts, to persuade them to revert back to the original (correct) arrangement. Wonder why they changed!

If all else fails I shall have to redo everything using non-scalable images for controls...

Kind regards,

Brian
brianwatson

Hi Hopki,
Do any of the standard controls NOT use SVGs? As Fasthosts are being slow to reinstate their support for SVGs, I though it would be easy to change to non-scalable graphics, but the ones I have tried also use SVGs.

Regards,

Brian
brianwatson

Hopki,
Sorry, ignore post above: I've worked it out.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Brian
360Texas

So what was your solution ?? Please tell us.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
brianwatson

Sorry, people doing just that in forums drives me mad...

I hope this makes sense (non-expert, but works for me. My problem was Fasthosts can't deal with SVGs):

The revelation was to realise that skin.js is not just some javascript that you include, but that it contains the names of the images that are used as the controls. If you use the "Simplex.ggsk" skin, the filenames in skin.js are SVGs; if you use "controller_metal_fadein.ggsk" the filenames are PNGs. Obviously (now!) you need to copy skin.js to where it goes on the server if you "Create the output file" afresh. The appropriate type of image is put in the "Image output path" automatically.

I have changed all my QTVRs to use controller_metal_fadein.ggsk so no more mime errors.

Hopki went to the lengths of putting one of my QTVRs on his server and showing that the SVG error did not happen: very helpful.

Why does Safari in iOS not deal with SVGs in the same way as Safari in OS X? And why did my SVGs stop working? Fasthosts says they don't cater for them!

Link to my (hopefully) working QTVRs for iDevices:
http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/360/indexQTVR.html
360Texas

Thank you Brian,

Yes, I did understand your workflow comments.

We use a PC. Not sure about the Apple OS issues
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com