Re: Pano2VR 3.1.0 released

Q&A about the latest versions
tamiro

ohhhh ya

how can i change the language back to english???

why it came up in Hebrew ??

OK - it's ok new
i find my way back
360Texas

360Texas (coaching Pat A) we say THANK YOU. Update came right on time !
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
makiedog

HTML5 multi-touch support for Android 3.1 and Blackberry Playbook
Does that mean you can now pinch zoom on Android? BTW, I found that the HP tablet's WebOs has the best performance for Pano2VR, all other tablets are virtually unusable, way too unresponsive. But I haven't tested this newest version yet.
PeterF

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to respond here, but I'll try anyway.

You state that swfobject is now the default for HTML templates, but when I export a Flash output with the HTML page checked, it still uses p2q_embed.
Is this a problem with my templates ?
I did notice when doing a clean install on Os X Lion that none of the templates were installed, maybe this is related ?

OTOH, I am now outputting HTML5/CSS3 as default with flash failback (this one does use swfobject), but do I then still need to check my HTML page in the flash output ? (my guess is not)

Best regards,

Peter
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the much faster then expected release of version 3.1.

I can confirm that the new "disable color subsampling" option to avoid color ghosting in anaglyph panos is working great :-)
Up to a compression setting of 89 % the standard color subsampling for JPEG images is enabled and from 90% and above the option is automatically disabled.

Although only for anaglyph panos it is a must to have color subsampling disabled, normal panos can sometimes also benefit from disabled color subsampling because all red colors are a little more vibrant (not everyone can see this, you need a very good monitor, good eyes and a side by side comparison of images to see the difference).

In the roadmap I see that in version 3.2.x there will be an option to disable SWF output for testing customized HTML templates but it would be even better as you expand this option to make it possible to disable the creation of all image related output (HtmlCss3/WebGl/Remap etc.) to make it possible to test the script of the customized HTML templates for these output options as well.

Thanks again,
Wim
PTone

Hi

For some reason I cannot create hotspots for running in Quicktime. Flash generates hotspots (withn *.swf files) ok but *.mov files do not include the hotspots.

Maybe I am doing something wrong - if so can someone help me out please as I have a customer desperate for the Quicktime versions of my pano (he cannot run flash on his system)

Thanks
Paul

PS I will also post this in the general section
TiMi

How does this Built-in web server works?
smooth

TiMi wrote:How does this Built-in web server works?
Button (open output file) in Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)
TiMi

smooth wrote:
TiMi wrote:How does this Built-in web server works?
Button (open output file) in Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)
I Don't get it.

Under "File"-"Settings" if I uncheck "Only local host" what will happend?
smooth

Maybe this will help?
internal_server.jpg
internal_server.jpg (55.95 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
Regards, Smooth 8)
TiMi

Thank you smooth. That was helpful.

But regarding to my second question...what will happen if I uncheck "Only local host"?