Switch Between Tours

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
PAdam

Hi,

I have had a good look around the forum for an answer to my problem but haven't quite found it. I have two tours comprising six swfs and I want to swap between them. Each tour shows different layouts of the same aircaft cabin so it would be nice to toggle between layouts with a button, match up the swfs and be able to do this at any point.

I have managed to do this for one stage of the tour, but am struggling to get it to work all the way through. I think the solution is to put a wildcard in the URL filed of the button action that recognises the current swf and loads the similarly named one - e.g. if my naming convention was '01.swf' and I wanted to swap it for '01_alt.swf', the wildcard would say find the _alt version of this file and load it. And that would work for 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 ,06.

I'm sure this is quite simple, and the files can be called anything if that makes it easier. Thanks. A great product by the way, I'm making things very quickly and thet are being very well received.

Adam
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The way I would approach this would be to make both tours independently so you end up with tow lots of SWF files.
Example:
plane1_a, plane1_b, then plane2_a, plane2_b.

In plane1_a.swf have in the user data information text field plane2_a.swf
Then in plane2_a.swf have in the user data information text field plane1_a.swf

Do this for each node so each SWF has its counterpart is in the user data information text field.

Then all you need is a button to switch between the two.
This can be done with: Mouse Click => Open Next Panorama => URL: $ui => Target: $cur

$ui is the place holder to access the data in the information text field, so the URL will use the SWF in the user data information text field and the target $cur will use the current Pan/Tilt/FoV from the first panorama.
Of course the two sets of panos need to be shot from the same position.

Here is an example if this working to load a higher resolution version of the same panorama:
http://www.hopkimedia.co.uk/bis/

The example was made before we had multi resolution. This is a three node tour and you can switch in any node.
Click the Hi button, this loads the pano in the user data and the $cur ensures it open in exactly the same P/T/FoV as the first.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PAdam

Great, I'll try that and let you know. Many thanks for the quick response.
PAdam

I have got it work now with you help - thanks very much! What would be the best way to switch between three different layout? I've tried by using another field in the user data, but there's point at which it keeps going out of sync. Ideally, I need to have a choice of three tours and a button for each which are always available. I'm nearly there (I have the selected button highlighted, and unselected non-highlighted). Many thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you add three buttons to the skin you can then use: Mouse Click => Open Next Panorama => URL: $us for button one, $ui for button two and $uo for button three.
Using the naming convention a1, a2, a3 etc. Then for the second Tour b1, b2 and b3, then for the third, c1, c2 and then c3.

All a = User Data Source $us
All b = User Date Information $ui
All c = User Data Comment $uo

So in the first opening pano the user data will look like this:

Source a1.swf
Information b1.swf
Comment c1.swf

Then in node 2:
Source a2.swf
Information b2.swf
Comment c2.swf

In the skin you can Hide the first button so only two and three are showing, then when you click either two of three, one shows and it hides the one you just clicked. This will prevent unnecessary reloads.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
PAdam

Hi,

Thanks for your previous help, I now have this working really nicely, running in full HD on a big screen, on an iPad and on an iPhone. All great. It might be made public soon, so I will post a link when that happens.

I like the use of gyro on the iPad, and am looking in ways to extend this. I thought I would try here first but it might be beyond your scope. What I have produced is an aircraft configurator, so you can switch between three configurations of aicraft cabin at any point in the tour. I would like to calibrate this with a real world cabin so that I could stand inside a real cabin, pan around and match the tour with the real cabin, with a different configuration overlaid. As I walked down the cabin, the tour would move too. I have some ideas on how to do this (i.e. bluetooth sensors, AR markers), but wondered whether this had come up before in discussion. It's an AR app really, the tricky part being the calibration and location tracking.

Many thanks
Adam
Arjo

I used this setup with success before. But I can't get it to work with the new V4 tour builder. Is it possible to switch between tours with the tour builder?
It does switch but it returns to the starting point instead of switching between the current viewpoint.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You need to incorporate the Pan/Tilt/FoV: $cur this is assuming all start from the same position.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Arjo

No that's not what I ment. I did use the $cur like in the example above. When switching it does keep the view angle, but it jumps back to the first panorama of the tour.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you have Pro then you can build the three tours in the one project.
An example would be if you had three five node tours, add all fifteen panoramas to the tour browser.
To make it easier to see set tags to the panos, tour1, tour2 etc so you only display one tour at a time in the tour browser.
Set all you hotspots between the tour nodes and the just have a button to jump to the start node of the next tour.

If you need changes in the skin you can use the node marker to show/hide elements when a particular tag is detected.

Using "DNA" Direct Node Access you can make three links to the first node of each tour.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Arjo

Thank you for helping Hopki. I've one question though: How do I set up such a button?
I've got the pro version indeed.
Like in the old setup I created an "open next panorama" action with the $ui, $us and $uo.
How does this work with the nodes?
I tried several ways, but no luck so far. I found the screencast about the DNA, but that gave me no clues how to solve this.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The Open Next Panorama actions URL field has a drop down combo box which will list all the nodes of the tour. Just select the one you need it to link to.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Arjo

Ok, I think I made a mistake somehow. I dropped the flash fall back, and now I got the node working.
Sadly this doesn't seem to work neither.

This is my test setup:
6 panos in 3 sets.
So each tour contains 2 panos.
I created 3 buttons in the skin to switch between node1, node3 and node5, which are the starting nodes of each tour.

When I watch node1 of the first tour and click on the button for the second tour, it works fine. It switches between node1 and node3 as it should.
But when I go from node1 to node2 of the first tour and click on the button for the second tour, it doesn't go to node4 but it goes to node3.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
I just tested this and it works fine?
Please see attached project, three tours each with three nodes.
Open the project and click Create All.
Tested with Flash Fallback and with the HTML5 Flash Fallback Player.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
multi tours.zip
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 407 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Arjo

I see the same behavior in your multitour as in mine. I think we misunderstand each other. I got it working like you, but it's something else that I want.
I attached my setup to make it more clear what I try to achieve.

The idea is that you can enter the building, look around and while you're inside you can change from day to evening to night.
Let's assume you enter the building while it's in evening state. When you're inside and click on the day time button, you get kicked outside again.
I got it working the way as described in the beginning of this thread. But with three times six viewpoints the setup is rather tedious. I was hoping to get an easier setup with the tour builder.

Anyway, I had a tight deadline on this project, so in the mean time I finished it in the way that could make it work. I'm still interested though to know if it's possible to create this with the tour builder.

I put it online, so that you can see it working as it should: http://www.arjorozendaal.com/markthal_t ... dag_1.html
Attachments
multitourtest.zip
(714.93 KiB) Downloaded 356 times