fullscreen flash basics

Q&A about the latest versions
tksharpless

Please excuse my ignorance, but I need to know something really basic: In flash, with Pano2VR 3.1.4, how the **** do you enable true fullscreen display?

Using "fullscreen.ggt" and ticking "Add 'fullscreen' item" don't do it, and after a lot of searching I have been able to find no usable instructions, only a lot of mystifying references to html code that does not resemble anything in the outputted html file. I know that everybody who publishes with Pano2VR already knows how to enable fullscreen mode, but I don't, and it is driving me batty. I hope someone can give explicit instructions.
tksharpless

PS I am talking about the case where no control skin is used.
Carel

Flash does not allow fullscreen from a link. This is a security feature. So you can only get "real" (with no browser chrome visible) fullscreen when the flashfile is already running. Then you can either go to fullscreen with a right mouseclick menu or if you are using a skin with a fullscreen button. I think there is a way to do what you want from a swf thumbnail, but have not tried it out yet. Here is an example of this http://www.tourdeforce360.com/taliesin/

Carel
smooth

Carel wrote:Then you can either go to fullscreen with a right mouseclick menu
Whilst this used to be true it is no longer. Mouse right click "fullscreen" from the Flash context menu no longer works since a Flash update. Adobe calls this a "Security Feature".
So the only way now is to add a button via a skin and this is to be used with HTML parameter AllowFullScreen ="true".

There are some skin buttons supplied with Pano2VR that have a Fullscreen Button included. Add this to your panorama/tour and use the "fullscreen.ggt"

Unless Adobe has a change of hart, this is the only way to enter fullscreen.
That said, Thomas might want to look into the "double mouse click" the scene option to enter and exit fullscreen that other known software uses.

Regards, Smooth 8)
vilmer

And you have to open the tour by clicking the html file, if you use the click the swf file, the fullsceen button won't work.

*edit: nevermind, didn't notice you don't use buttons*