HTML5 Panoramas on Android Devices

Q&A about the latest versions
roycruse

Hi

Since version 4.1 of Android the Chrome browser has supported viewing the html5 panoramas only as it does not have native support for flash.

However when I try to view the panoramas they work well except the fact only one or two cube faces display at any one time leaving the rest of the view white...

I can post a screen shot of this later if anyone needs to see it but is there anything that can be done settings or config wise that might fix this.

The behaviour is the same weather I view my own panoramas or the demos on this site.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What settings are you using for your outputs?
Could it be the cube faces are set to large?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
roycruse

I do have the cube faces set quite large but i have tried smaller face and it doesnt seem to make any difference - i also get the same thing when viewing the demos on this site though.

I dont have the nexus 7 tablet on me at the moment but ill post more details and some screen shots this evening when i get home.
roycruse

any news on this - android is fast gathering momentum as far as market share is concerned and pano2vr panoramas do not work on them !!!!
g8dhe

Just happened to try the Nexus 7 out a few moments ago using Firefox and the examples, in HTML5, work well on the main site. Flash does not of course even if you have loaded it in.
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
roycruse

Most people do not use firefox on their android devices - they will use the bundled android browser or bundled chrome -
thomas
Chief Gnome

roycruse wrote:any news on this - android is fast gathering momentum as far as market share is concerned and pano2vr panoramas do not work on them !!!!
What device/OS/browser combination do you mean by "them"? Flash panoramas worked on Android versions < 4.0, HTML5 also worked on the built in browser for 3.1, but since 4.0 Chrome has a bug the prohibits the display of panoramas as cube faces are hidden to early. Pano2VR panoramas also work fine in Firefox and Opera Mobile on Android (tested with a Xoom and Nexus 7).
I guess the best way to get this fixed, is to report this bug to Google with the Apple HTML5 demo page http://www.apple.com/html5/showcase/vr/ (where the same bug happens) as Google may be more motivated to fix it, then if you report it with our website.
MfG, Thomas