Variables or something like this

Q&A about the latest versions
Largo

Is there any ways to work with variables? For example my customers often ask for image gallery inside skin. How I do this now

For example I have image1 image2 image3
I make buttons image1_backward and Image1_forward, image2_backward, image2_forward, image3_backward, image3_forward
each of this buttons on click shows appropriate image, hide all other images, hide self, and show appropriate buttons associated with image that I want

That is a lot of coding and skin elements. Is there any other ways to do the same? For example it will be much easier if skin editor may work with variables of some sort.

P.S. sorry for my bad English.
Largo

How do you code this with regular expressions? Skin don't know what image user see in each moment. You still need a lot of copies of the same buttons that have a relation with each image.
Tong

#image[2-5]_backward
?
Largo

I think you don't understand. User see image in a window and two buttons that browse gallery forward or backward. How you will code this buttons with regular expressions? You may hide or show only particular images, not variables. You can't show "next" or "previous" image, you may only show or hide image 1 or image 1-3.
Tong

you right.

use attached file like start ;-) there is 7 pages.

needed images just place under each menu page# container.

Attachments
next-foward.zip
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Largo

In attached file I saw just the same thing that I wrote at first post. What is the point? :)