How can I keep my walk-thru from slowing down

Q&A about the latest versions
kevatga

it seems that the more I walk through my tour and open new .swf files the slower and slower my movie gets.
Here is my movie, any thoughts on how to speed it up?

http://www.precisionmaui.com/plantation
Last edited by kevatga on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tri3

I am new to this, but what size lens are you using to do your panos?

The bigger the size of the pano, I would assume the slower it could be to view. Right now I am using a Canon 40D, Sigma 8mm and the Nodal Ninja. I have been taking 6 shots, but I believe I can bring this down to 4. That would reduce the image size a bit, which may speed things up.

If you have large panos, that could be part of the problem.
kevatga

Thank you, I too use the sigma 8mm and the nodal ninja and take 6 shots as well (Mark III). The files vary in size and I'm not sure how to capture the nadir and zenith shot without taking 6 shots. The movie becomes slow after loading several, so I'm thinking they are probably loading ontop of one another and the flash player is getting bogged down.

Thank you for the input, let me know if you have any questions.
Tri3

You may not need to capture either the nadir or the zenith. You can limit in the pano how much people can view up or down. In a lot of real estate walk throughs they limit the up and down portion of the pano. Most of the ones I have seen don't allow you to really see the full nadir or zenith views. This would make taking pictures much easier. For me though I want to do both the full nadir and zenith views.
kevatga

thank you, very helpful!
hum@no.id

It is Necessary to synchronize FPS in main (mother swf) and pano SWF witn uni-FPS - e.g. 30 - 50 FPS
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
kevatga

Thank You, I synced the fps on both the main.swf and the individual panos to have the exact same FPS and it greatly improved the output!

However, I'm confused about what you mean by "uni-FPS" and the ex. "30 - 50 FPS", why, in your example, are there two different numbers??

btw your site is amazing!
hum@no.id

30 ~ 50 FPS - it's optimal FPS area (as you want... but everywhere must be equally)
your site is amazing!
- thnx :)
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj