Alternative Mouse Control

Q&A about the latest versions
RBilsland

Please excuse me if I've missed this setting, but I don't think I can see it. Currently if you click and drag to the mouse in a direction the view will continue panning in that directing (unless a stop is hit). Would it be possible to implement a click and drag mouse control option for the flash viewer, where you click on a part of the view and then drag it to where you want it to go.

Thanks,

Bob Bilsland.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently there is no way to change the control but I added it to the wish list.
MfG, Thomas
RBilsland

Thomas,

Thanks for that, I've been trying navigating around panoramas using a more hands on method (without a mouse) and when you are physically touching the view it seems more natural to drag the view around.

Bob.
RBilsland

Thomas,

I can see that there are plenty of other things on your Pano2VR development horizon at the moment but I was wondering if this alternative control method was anywhere near that horizon too?

Thanks,

Bob.
thomas
Chief Gnome

I put another ! to the wish. I hope it will be in Pano2VR 2.3.
MfG, Thomas
RBilsland

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

Bob.
DemonDuck

If and when you work on the mouse control setup, can you please add an option to specify the way the mousewheel works. Right now, it goes the wrong way. If you push the wheel toward the screen -- you zoom out. This is counter intuitive to me and not the way other pano viewer programs work.

It should be zooming in with a rotation toward the screen -- zoom out with the rotation away from the screen.

Since there will be disagreement on this issue, the simplest way would be a checkbox in the parameter setup when you make your VR file. Label it anyway you want as long as it is clear what it does.

So if you check the option, the zoom goes one way as the wheel is rotated, if it's not checked, the other way.