Request for Skin file with Image Popups

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
vpimagery

Noob here...

Been working my way through the tutorials, and am getting there... but was wondering if anyone has a "freeware" skin that will allow me to have an image (jpg) popup in a window within the panorama when a user clicks on a hotspot. For example, when viewing a room, if they click on a hotspot I placed on the refrigerator, it would open up an image of a refrigerator. I've seen a couple samples of this with popup video, but just need something for still photos that anyone might be willing to share.

Thanks!
Tim
frodo

Hi, Tim!
Here you can download a skin with just one hotspot and an image. It was originally larger, but I reduced it with just a single image. As an example it is enough. After downloading it, open the zip file and you will get a file with all the elements of the skin. Adding the termination .ggsk instead of .zip you will have the original skin file. You have to place then a point hotspot on the panorama. Thats it.
To get the image of the refrigerator, change the image I have in the skin with yours. To do so open the skin editor an double click on the image, which opens the "Image Properties" window. There simply "Change" the image. The same with the button if you want to change it. For a start it will help I think.
Anything you should need, let us know.
Good luck.

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas ... image.ggsk

Regards, Martin
vpimagery

Thanks for the help and the skin file!

Perhaps you or someone can help me out here. It seems like I am going to have to build a hotspot template for every image that I want to display within a panoramic - is this correct? I was wondering if there was an easier process... like there is for url's. For a url, you simply build a hotspot template, but then when you place the hotspots in your pano, you type in where you want that hotspot to take you (to what specific url). I was hoping I could have some sort of template where it will cause the image that I want to show up in the pano, but could just change the filename to various different jpgs for the different hotspots throughout the pano. Am I making sense? Instead, it seems as though for each different image, I need a new hotspot template?

Tim
Caroling Wholeo

mskp wrote:Hi, Tim!
Here you can download a skin with just one hotspot and an image. It was originally larger, but I reduced it with just a single image. As an example it is enough. After downloading it, open the zip file and you will get a file with all the elements of the skin. Adding the termination .ggsk instead of .zip you will have the original skin file. You have to place then a point hotspot on the panorama. Thats it.
To get the image of the refrigerator, change the image I have in the skin with yours. To do so open the skin editor an double click on the image, which opens the "Image Properties" window. There simply "Change" the image. The same with the button if you want to change it.

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/pruebas ... image.ggsk
I'm recreating QTVRs that had Flash tracks as Flash panos with Flash tracks. In other words, I want to be able to click an area in the pano and show or hide a .swf. For starters I have been able to edit a skin and get a .swf to float over the pano. I can make an area hotspot that shows the text label when mouseover. Also made a point hotspot. I can't see how to make the hotspot control a .swf animation. So I tried your skin. I didn't get a zip, just the ggsk. In my Pano2VR I opened your skin. I could see the image in the skin editor. Wow, wonder how you got it in there. I made another point hotspot, but my output .swf pano still doesn't show the image. I moused all over the place where I thought the point should be. How do I associate that point with your image?
frodo

Hi!
"
Wow, wonder how you got it in there
"
Once opened the "Skin Editor" click under "Tools" the "Add Image" button. Here you can import an image. If you want double click the image and this will open the image editor where you can change it. Click the "Change" button and select the image you want to insert. Doing so will keep all the settings of the previous loaded image.
I moused all over the place where I thought the point should be.
In the main window of Pano2VR you have the "Hotspots" editor. Click "Modify" and choose the "Point Hotspots" tab. Double click on the panorama you will see where you want the hotspot to be placed. (The same you can grab and change it position anytime). Now under "Skin-ID" write the name of the hotspot. It has to be the same as you have given in the skin editor where you have created the hotspot template. In my example it should be "multimural".

Please let me know if this was of any help, because reading again your post it is not clear what you could not find out. If it was placing the hotspot template in the panorama or using my hotspot template with another one you have created.

Good luck, Martin
Caroling Wholeo

Thanks for replying. I have been watching the tutorials again. I think I have a grasp of where you got the image. My problem is that I want an animated image, that is .swf, not gif or jpg.
I should create a new file and try getting an image myself to get it working.

Just now I went into the hotspot editor and clicked the point hotspot and added multimural to the skin-ID. I double-checked to see that in the skin editor, the multimural still existed and it did. However, when I out put the .swf, still didn't get the multimural hotspot. Perhaps it is too close to the other area hotspot. I will try again with a clean new file and see if I can get it working. I will get back and let you know.

I've just discovered the Flash API info and am thinking maybe I should do this whole thing in Flash. It is worth the effort because once I get a method, I can do a lot with it.
Caroling Wholeo

OK Martin. When I deleted a competing area hotspot, your hotspot with button worked perfectly. Very nice. I'll study the example. Thanks
frodo

Hi, Caroling!
At this stage you can´t use animated images or swf in the skin, but there is a workaround to make it possible.
Here is one topic, about it:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =13&t=1648

Good luck, Martin
Caroling Wholeo

Yes! Thanks. I've just about got it working the way I want it. But I think all problems are solved. Yay! Actually, it would be really nice if the text SWF scaled with the pano. That's a refinement.
frodo

Is there a chance to see what you got to work the way you want to? :D
Regards, Martin
Caroling Wholeo

I'll let you know when I've got it. My original design in QTVR was based on area hotspots. Now I have to design buttons and I'm having to deal with that. Big deal for me and my previous ideas of interactivity. Even in Flash I'm always using "invisible" buttons. That is, that don't show until mouseover. Couple of days. No later than next Thursday.
Caroling Wholeo

I have made some progress. Here is my pano with two hotspots linked to SWFs.
http://tinyurl.com/p5ktdc

There are many parts of p2vr that I don't understand. What I did was mostly trial and error.
I plan to try another one and perhaps learn enough to ask an intelligent question.