Pano2VR 2.1.0 released

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Aduffy wrote: Any how I have held out 10 days, thats the best I can manage.. Any status updates for 2.2???
Give me 2-3 more days. I am close....
MfG, Thomas
makiedog

Because this is the internal representation. You can change them back to the original JPEGs in the XML. It should even work to use SWFs.
Hi Thomas,
If one were to load an external swf file, can this swf file be an animation? Or reference external XML files?

Pat L
thomas
Chief Gnome

makiedog wrote: If one were to load an external swf file, can this swf file be an animation? Or reference external XML files?
You should be able to load a full blown SWF file and the SWF should be able to load its own XML files. I never tested this, but it should work.
MfG, Thomas
makiedog

Sweet, that makes it immensely powerful!

Pat L
CreAitken

Hi Thomas

Could you let me know what the new hotspot features are in 2.2? I have just built a huge project in 2.1, will I be able to update easily to 2.2? Or will I have to build all again?

Thanks in advance!
makiedog

You should be able to load a full blown SWF file and the SWF should be able to load its own XML files. I never tested this, but it should work.
Thomas,
What's the syntax for loading an external swf file in this case? Currently in order to load a .png file, it uses the following code:

Code: Select all

skin+='<element type="image"x="315" y="123" anchor="0" width="124" height="59" id="Image 42" visible="1" alpha="0.8" scalex="1" scaley="1" center="4" imgurl="skin_23.png" >';
Thanks,

Pat L
donmacp

thomas wrote:I just posted the final Pano2VR 2.1 version.
New features are:
  • Patch tool (watch the tutorial)
  • Virtually no image size limits (the 2GB TIFF file size is the only limit)
  • Externalize images and skin (create a player with external images)
  • Javascript interface (documentation)
  • RDF meta data in the Flash SWF file
  • Dutch translation, Pano2VR is now available in 14 languages.
You can download the new version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to the tool as well but thanks for the very helpful and informative tutorials and links you shared. The forum site is really great and very organize. :)