Pano2VR 2.2 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
Aduffy

Looking cool so far!! Thanks Thomas!!

Couple quick questions..

1) How can I change the text in a text field? I have an area in my Skin where I want the name of the current node to show, so I have the button to load the new panorama node (works great!! Woo Hoo!), but also want to have the text element change to refelct the name of the current node.

2) In addition to the mini overlay map viewer like you have I would like to be able to have a more detailed map display that fills the viewer. I can do this no problem , but it seems that the skins only support bitmap images.. I would like to use a SWF file for this big map so that is scales nice when in full screen mode. Is this possible? (I tried loading it as a panorama but no love..)

3) If I can use an SWF is there a way for buttons in the SWF to call actions or receive status from the actual active panorama? For example trigger the function to load a new panorama node? Perhaps this can be done via the JS API? SWF element calls function in HTML that then uses API calls ...

Thanks again Thomas, this is looking very cool so far..
thomas
Chief Gnome

CreAitken wrote: Quick question, is it possible to change the font for the hotspots ALT text?
The text field understands some HTML so you can use for example

Code: Select all

<font face="Courier New">Text</font>
to change the font. Please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14808 for more infos. Please also remember that this font has to be installed on the clients computer to work correct.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Aduffy wrote: 1) How can I change the text in a text field? I have an area in my Skin where I want the name of the current node to show, so I have the button to load the new panorama node (works great!! Woo Hoo!), but also want to have the text element change to refelct the name of the current node.
Currently not, but this is a good idea! I will add this soon
2) In addition to the mini overlay map viewer like you have I would like to be able to have a more detailed map display that fills the viewer. I can do this no problem , but it seems that the skins only support bitmap images.. I would like to use a SWF file for this big map so that is scales nice when in full screen mode. Is this possible? (I tried loading it as a panorama but no love..)

3) If I can use an SWF is there a way for buttons in the SWF to call actions or receive status from the actual active panorama? For example trigger the function to load a new panorama node? Perhaps this can be done via the JS API? SWF element calls function in HTML that then uses API calls ...
I have already a nice idea how to solve this. I hope it is present in 2.2beta3...
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

erik leeman wrote:
I guess this is the effect of the bitmap limit Flash 9 introduced at some point. A bitmap can not be larger then 2880 in one dimension so I need to reduce the size to be on the safe side. This limiting is implement in Pano2VR for some time now so this has nothing to do with Flash 10.
Hmmm, if that is so, and I have no reason to doubt you, then why is it still possible to open those BIG old Flash9 panos with the newest plugins and standalone players?
I am not sure. The documentation says "don't use more then 2880, it may not work", so I want to be on the safe side. Flash 10 lifted that limitation.
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
I have spotted something which may be a problem or me not using the new futures correctly.
If I link two .swf’s together by hotspots I am finding that when you open the first .swf file it is pointing in the direction set in the viewing parameters. Click on a hot spot to open the next .swf file and the viewing parameters for that .swf file are ignored and you get the default view, the same view in the point hotspots window. Now click the hotspot to return to the first .swf file and it loads with its default view and not the view set in the viewing parameters which it first open with.
This also happens if you open the .swf files the other way around.

I am uploading two .swfs that are linked by the new Point Hotspots.
The same happens with them. Open either one and they will open how I have set the viewing parameters, click between the hotspots and the view changes to the default view.

Any thoughts

Hopki
Btw, stunning work Mr. T
Attachments
Test.ZIP
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 378 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Aduffy

thomas wrote: I have already a nice idea how to solve this. I hope it is present in 2.2beta3...
Very cool. Thanks for being so responsive to your users!

I assume we are on 2.2beta1 right now... ???

Also I find the positioning numbers quite confusing.. but Ill post that in the Skin Forum as it is not specific to 2.2 beta..

Keep up the good work!!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: I have spotted something which may be a problem or me not using the new futures correctly.
If I link two .swf’s together by hotspots I am finding that when you open the first .swf file it is pointing in the direction set in the viewing parameters.
This is a bug and will be fixed in beta2 (coming soon...).
MfG, Thomas
zdeto

thomas wrote:I just released the (from some people here long awaited) Pano2VR 2.2 beta.
Some features didn't made it in the first beta because lack of time and some guys here put so much pressure so I decided to make this early release.
Features like domain lock, expire time, mouse wheel lock,.... will follow in one of the next 2.2 betas.
:wink:
How do I put more pressure on you? Well... let's see... I'll concentrate and use the Force! :)
I'm anxiously awaiting the beta or final version of Pano2VR with domain lock and expire time!
ThomasK

Thomas confirmed that these features are on the To-do list. Step after step. I'm happy with the continues improvement of Pano2VR. And the new hotspot feature is a big step forward!
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

The new beta is very promising and with some of the features others already requested the application becomes very versatile.
Perhaps other people already informed you but I found out that the quality of a spherical pano is less in 2.2beta.

When the pano is rotating then it is just if objects around the horizon are wobbling and going up en down a bit.
To show what I am talking about here is a link to an example.
The first pano is made with 2.1 and the second one with 2.2 beta (with the same project file and the same settings).

------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: URL removed, issue is solved in Pano2VR 2.2 beta 2
------------------------------------------------

As you can see it is just if the boats in the 2.2beta pano are moving up and down, for the boats in the harbor this is OK but it is less usefull for the houses ;-)
I am sure this will be fixed.

Best,
Wim
Last edited by Wim.Koornneef on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: As you can see it is just if the boats in the 2.2beta pano are moving up and down, for the boats in the harbor this is OK but it is less usefull for the houses ;-)
I am sure this will be fixed.
Yes, it will... ;). Beta2 is scheduled for tomorrow.
MfG, Thomas
colacao

impressive and real fast support ! Happy to spend my money at this software.Congratulations . :wink:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
This is a bug and will be fixed in beta2 (coming soon...).
I am a bit confused, it was beta 2.2 that I made the panos with?
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: I am a bit confused, it was beta 2.2 that I made the panos with?
I guess...
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas,
Just had a play with the new download, very nice.
The pointing bug is no longer and all working brilliantly so far.
Give yourself a pat on the back :D

Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com