Pano2VR 2.2 beta released

Q&A about the latest versions
makiedog

That is why I have rarely used hotspots until recently. Pano2vr [see over under SKIN attributes) point hotspots have a way of being dimmed $hs x% until you mouse over the ghosting hotspot then it lights up for clicking or mousing over.
Dave,
Having the normal hotspot state ghosted defeats the purpose of using them because they aren't easy to spot, especially in busy scenes. I feel the purpose of hotspots is to make them as pronounced as possible, so that the user can find them and knows they're clickable.

It seems their opacity can only be controlled within the hotspot template itself. It doesn't work when I try to control it using other buttons, quite puzzling. Looks like Thomas needs to enable that funtion in the next version.

Pat L
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas :D
I have a question with regards to directional sound.
How will it work and how many tracks can you have :?:
I ask this as I will need to invest in audio recording equipment and any panos I make from now on I will record the sound for them. When are you planning to launch it :?:
Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: I have a question with regards to directional sound.
How will it work and how many tracks can you have :?:
I ask this as I will need to invest in audio recording equipment and any panos I make from now on I will record the sound for them. When are you planning to launch it :?:
My current plan is unlimited tracks and you can add the sources like in the hotspot editor. As properties you can define a listen angle + drop off angle. The first beta release is I guess 2-3 months from now. But first 2.2 should come out of beta.... and Object2VR.
MfG, Thomas
castillonis

You should look at the H2 Zoom recorder which has two cardoid microphones built in and can record up to 4 channels. It is relatively inexpensive, small, and writes to an SD flash memory card. You can easily put it in your camera bag and it is sold with a small plastic base that you can screw into the bottom.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-H2-Portable- ... 283&sr=8-1
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks for the info, looks good :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Aduffy

thomas wrote:
Aduffy wrote: 1) How can I change the text in a text field? I have an area in my Skin where I want the name of the current node to show, so I have the button to load the new panorama node (works great!! Woo Hoo!), but also want to have the text element change to refelct the name of the current node.
Currently not, but this is a good idea! I will add this soon
2) In addition to the mini overlay map viewer like you have I would like to be able to have a more detailed map display that fills the viewer. I can do this no problem , but it seems that the skins only support bitmap images.. I would like to use a SWF file for this big map so that is scales nice when in full screen mode. Is this possible? (I tried loading it as a panorama but no love..)

3) If I can use an SWF is there a way for buttons in the SWF to call actions or receive status from the actual active panorama? For example trigger the function to load a new panorama node? Perhaps this can be done via the JS API? SWF element calls function in HTML that then uses API calls ...
I have already a nice idea how to solve this. I hope it is present in 2.2beta3...
Thomas, any progress on the ability to dynamically change text in a text field?? I am just working on a project that can really use that!!

Also Is there a way for me to just set arbitrary variables for later use? For example this one project I am working on is a multi node tour, that we will use in a kiosk as well as online. The online one I have a different lower quality set of nodes that I want to use.

Right now I have to manually go through the whole tour and manuly change the name of the SWF node to load depending on what build I am using.

Instead if I could set a variable of "$res" I could just use "name_of_node_$res.swf"

for all my nodes. Then I can just set $res=high or $res=med and all my nodes load up the right version.

This would also be very usefull for full screen to laod a better quality node. $res=fullscreen, or $res=normal...

If this possible, please let me know how to pull it off!!

Thanks.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Aduffy wrote: Thomas, any progress on the ability to dynamically change text in a text field?? I am just working on a project that can really use that!!
There is already a "set text" action to change the text dynamically.
Also Is there a way for me to just set arbitrary variables for later use? For example this one project I am working on is a multi node tour, that we will use in a kiosk as well as online. The online one I have a different lower quality set of nodes that I want to use.
Hmm.... Maybe I can come up with something for 2.2.3.
MfG, Thomas
nip2655

Thomas,

No fix for 32-bit TIFF support yet? I tried it out and it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas when this might be fixed?

Thanks! The other updates are fantastic.

-Jason
thomas
Chief Gnome

nip2655 wrote: No fix for 32-bit TIFF support yet? I tried it out and it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas when this might be fixed?
It is fixed in my version, maybe I will make a release over the weekend.
MfG, Thomas
nip2655

Hi Thomas,

I just thought I would check in on this. Any progress?

32-bit support would be very helpful to me. In the meantime, I will try to be patient :D

Thanks for all your hard work on this software.

Cheers!

Jason
thomas
Chief Gnome

nip2655 wrote:Hi Thomas,

I just thought I would check in on this. Any progress?

32-bit support would be very helpful to me. In the meantime, I will try to be patient :D
I decided to release 2.2.3 after the office move... so now its only days away, because I am already in the new flat and almost everything is setup to be productive again. You should have the update by the end of this week. Sorry for the delay.
MfG, Thomas
Aduffy

thomas wrote:
Aduffy wrote: Thomas, any progress on the ability to dynamically change text in a text field?? I am just working on a project that can really use that!!
There is already a "set text" action to change the text dynamically.
Hmm.... Maybe I can come up with something for 2.2.3.
Thomas, any luck on the ability to set and use variables like this?

I would like to set a var for the root of my panoramas in a multi node VR.

$panoroot = "/vr/lowres/"

for use on the "Open Next Panorama" action. I woudl set it to "$panoroot nextpano.swf"

Then when I go to full screen I can update $panoroot = "/vr/highres".

Thanks.