Cache Load Time Lapse - Flash Output

Q&A about the latest versions
hansvw

I noticed that on a vtour, browsing from one pano to the other, when you get back to a previously loaded pano, you don't see instantly what is in the cache, but you get the gray scale preview tiles once again. If you disable the preview, you'll get the background color for 1-2 seconds before you can see the pano. That is very annoying.
How to get rid of it?
Thanks,
Hans
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can chose fewer sub tiles to speed this up but this is a Flash problem on some platforms.
MfG, Thomas
hansvw

Thanks Thomas, that's exactly what I've already done with a tour running locally. With a longer download time i prefer having more tiles for the first download, in order to encourage the users to wait.
I get the "problem" (background color showing for 1-2 seconds) on both Vista 64 bit and XP. Wouldn't it be possible to let pano #1 visible until pano #2 can be shown properly? Or, couldn't a smooth transition effect (crossfade?) be added to future releases?

Again, thanks,

Hans
thomas
Chief Gnome

hansvw wrote: I get the "problem" (background color showing for 1-2 seconds) on both Vista 64 bit and XP. Wouldn't it be possible to let pano #1 visible until pano #2 can be shown properly? Or, couldn't a smooth transition effect (crossfade?) be added to future releases?
Yes, it is on the list.
MfG, Thomas
hansvw

Great Thomas! I can't wait 8-)