CNN Hudson River newsflash pano

Q&A about the latest versions
erik leeman

For those who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/15/newyor ... index.html

Horrible, both what happened and the quality of the panorama, but nevertheless great to see such a familiar name in the credit pop-up!

Cheers!

Erik Leeman
thomas
Chief Gnome

I am still not sure if I should be proud that CNN uses my software or just be disappointed about the quality I hope they don't screw up the next one.
MfG, Thomas
erik leeman

You'll probably never be able find out who did it, but you really should try to educate him/her/them before another disaster like this happens.

Erik
smooth

"iReporter Jim Davidson"

Maybe you can!

Well it's exposure for Thomas. Sometimes though I bet you wish the right click advert wasn't there! Like me.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

Jim Davidson made a fine panorama under less favorable conditions, then someone at CNN butchered it without his consent.
It is absolutely wonderful they are using Pano2VR, but the way they are using it is deplorable.

Erik
thomas
Chief Gnome

MfG, Thomas
RBilsland

Thomas,

Had you noticed that the original panorama has been re-posted, no more banana shaped horizons. Maybe the guy who knows what he's doing with Pano2VR was out of the office on the day of the plane crash.

Bob Bilsland.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ohh.... didn't noticed. I have sent them an email explaining what they did wrong so maybe this also helped. According to their reply they had Pano2VR running only 15 minutes before the plane crashed so they learned. I am really glad to see that they are now using panoramas on their website and I am happy and proud that they are using Pano2VR for it.
MfG, Thomas
erik leeman

Hey! That's wonderful!
I think congratulations are in order here, well done Thomas!

Cheers indeed!

Erik
360Texas

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ~~~ !!!!

It just takes some CNN folks longer than others to make Pano2VR work !!!

GREAT !!!
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RBilsland

Thomas,

It's good to hear that the little man sometimes does get through to the big faceless company. Does this now mean that you can use the phrase ".....as seen on CNN"? It must give you a good feeling to see all your hard work really paying off.

Congratulations :D

Bob Bilsland.
thomas
Chief Gnome

RBilsland wrote:Thomas,

It's good to hear that the little man sometimes does get through to the big faceless company. Does this now mean that you can use the phrase ".....as seen on CNN"? It must give you a good feeling to see all your hard work really paying off.
Yes, this makes indeed a warm fussy feeling. But I was not alone. I wouldn't have made it without all the support and all the good ideas of you and all the other Pano2(QT)VR users!!!
Congratulations :D
Thank you.
MfG, Thomas