html5/css3: Resolution settings for i-pad / i-phone ?

Q&A about the latest versions
k.ary.n
Gnome

anahum wrote:Karyn, if you visit from an iPhone these panos I created, you will see that the URL bar can be hidden (only the top and bottom bars remain) --> http://demo.360panotours.com/ip
Yes, this is what I meant - thanks for the correction.

Your images look great on the iPhone4, by the way.
brianwatson

anahum:
They do look great, but for me the URL bar is still visible. When I look at them with an iPod Touch or an iPad, I can still see at the top of the screen the black bar with the time, battery, wifi, and below that the URL bar with Safari's tools.

I've got that far myself, some examples here: http://www.brianwatsonphoto.co.uk/QTVRi/indexQTVR.html

Am I missing something (very probably!)? Interesting...

Regards,

Brian
anahum

Brian, there are 3 "bars" in the iPxxx browser.

1.- The topmost that shows the wi-fi antenna/time/battery
2.- Next to the top most is the ugly one that everyone wants to hide (that with the space to type the URL and the small Google space) because consumes most of the small screen of iPhones and iPod Touch
3.- The bottom one (with the Safari arrows, "+", bookmarks, etc.

In my panos, you will see that the bar #2 disappears (in reality is pushed to the top, behind bar #1) after the panorama fully loads. This is the behavior I need, but to achieve this I'm using a couple of extra css and javascript files that do that, but other things do not work properly.

I think what everybody needs is that all this comes ready in a ggt template. Otherwise create more complex sites and tours will become a mess.
smooth

A .ggt template is simply a .html page with the file extension changed (from .html to .ggt) and then added to the Pano2VR HtmlTemplates>html5 directory.
If you have made a .html page your happy with and want to use it as a template simply add it to your HtmlTemplates directory.

Regards, Smooth 8)
anahum

smooth wrote:A .ggt template is simply a .html page with the file extension changed (from .html to .ggt) and then added to the Pano2VR HtmlTemplates>html5 directory.
If you have made a .html page your happy with and want to use it as a template simply add it to your HtmlTemplates directory.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hi Smooth, and yes, with the help of some other forum members I created a custom ggt template (the one used in the panoramas in this site http://demo.360panotours.com/ip ), that uses additional css and js files. It works fine when used online or if you transfer the site to the iDevice and use it via GoodReader, but not when you save it with the "+" to the iDev main screen. So, my point is to try to get standard fullscreen code in the form of a ggt from GardenGnome in future releases to achive these results without the need to make more complex the site coding by pointing to more folders, css and js files.