Pano2VR v3 beta2

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Can you tell me what operating system you are using and the steps taken to add the flat image.
As much information as you can provide to help will be very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
wigi

marfot.com wrote:Beta 2 not work. Instead of flat panorama, I see only white screen with skin, like in beta 0, though all files: tiles, swf, html, js are present.
I confirm that, the cylindrical panorama also not working. :(
(Windows 7 64 bit)
marfot.com

Windows7 64 bit, Pano2VRv3 64 bit.
All files: http://www.gigapano.net/multires/la_paz_test/

Multiresolution settings are:

HMS Beagle

While I am having no problems opening most of my previous projects. 3.0b2 will not open previous versions hotspot .png's. It loads the tiffs fine. after that there is no image in the point hotspot window either.
Beagle
sportsnapper

I've just been trying to add a new png image to a skin, and nothing happens.

Tried on Beta 2 and seems to work fine.

Mac 10.6.4

regards

Gareth
Hopki
Gnome

@Beagle
Can you tell me, you made a area hotspot in V2.3.4 and tried to open the area hotspot png in V3 beta2 and it wont
HMS Beagle wrote:3.0b2 will not open previous versions hotspot .png's. It loads the tiffs fine. after that there is no image in the point hotspot window either.
Beagle
You are also saying that you have no image in the point hotspot window also, the cross in the hotspot editor? Or are you saying the png images in the skin which are children of the hotspot templates.
Please can you be as clear as possible

Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
HMS Beagle

Hopki,

mac os 10.4.11 ppc
pano2vr 3b2 will not open hotspot .pngs neither ones created with a previous versions, nor ones created with itself.

once the images finishes rescaling after dismissing the six dialogs saying the pngs cant be opened, going into the point hotspot editor all I see is a grid of cube faces each a different color and each labeled with its corresponding name. ie; front, back...etc.
Beagle
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks for your input, its in the bug tracker :)
Many Thanks
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
HMS Beagle

One other thing,
If I use a point hs and area hs's in the same pano, clicking a point hs with transition on, it zooms in and opens the next pano but it does not center.
panos with only point hs's work fine.
Beagle
PanoMapper

sportsnapper wrote:Great work on the transitions - works on a number of my demo panos (most of which I've tweaked over the last couple of day for a new web site - looks like I'll be spending another few hours doing this!)

However, just tried to open another pano2vr_B2 created project file, and pano2vr pops up a dialog box, titled progress, with label 0, then falls over. I've shut everything down, rebooted etc, but still occurs.

Is the forum still the right way to report bugs now you have exposed your tracking system??

regards

Gareth
Agreed, and it couldn't have come at a better time, with new publicity material going out to customers for 2011.

One thing that would be wonderful to have with the transitions would be the ability to preload all the panoramas in a particular tour. That way, with bigger files, the transition would appear smoothly and might even preclude the need for a graphic preloader...

Jon
soulbrother

First:
THANKS to Thomas and this gnome-team !!

Next, a small question to the transitions:

Is there a workaround to reach this need.
one swf is loaded and shown
there is no skin, just the pano is shown
now after a short time ( f.e. 5 seconds) a new pano should be shown - of cousre with transition...

is that possible without clicking anything?

thanks again !
hum@no.id

Please stay as before: the checkbox (flash / html / enable HTML file) is not enable (as Default when you first run Pano2VR)

I permanent forgotten to turn off this checkbox because use ST Flash Player ... get tired of constantly opening HTML with browser :evil:
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Gnomes,

I have read that PNG is not accepted on v3b2 for Mac OSX and indeed my logo in PNG format is not inserted.
I also tried a logo in TIFF format, although the image is inserted there is still something wrong because all transparent pixels in the logo are white..

Q) Is there a workaround in v3b2 for Mac OSX to insert a logo with transparent pixels in the image (TIFF, PNG, whatever format) ?

Wim

UPDATE:
I found out that in TIFs with an alpha mask the transparent pixels are preserved :-)
Transparent pixels in TIFF with a layer mask or with transparent pixels in the layer itself (as you get when you open a PNG and save it as TIFF) are not accepted and showed as a white pixels.
smooth

hum@no.id wrote:Please stay as before: the checkbox (flash / html / enable HTML file) is not enable (as Default when you first run Pano2VR)

I permanent forgotten to turn off this checkbox because use ST Flash Player ... get tired of constantly opening HTML with browser :evil:
AGREED, exporting a .html file is an option to turn on "if" you require it. Not something we should have to remember to turn off before publishing!

Better still, add a check box to the user preferences/settings for the state "we" prefer.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Added to bug tracker :wink:
Issue #85
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com