[P2VR Pro 4 b2 Mac] Markertemplate issues

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

I’m trying to use markertemplate to make a text menu for a Flash tour. Here are a couple of issues.

1. Changes to text color or position of of marker_title, which is child of markertemplate, do not update existing nodes. Updated text applies to newly created nodes only.

2. In markertemplate, using rounded rectangles as dots to show normal and active states, I tried to place the rectangles to the right of marker_text. When cloned, they position themselves at 0/0 relative to the node marker crosshairs. Is there any way to control the placement of normal and active marker elements or will they always be set at 0/0?

I did find that I could change the position of the text box relative to the crosshairs, so that solved a positioning problem for new nodes.

Judy Arndt

Pano2VR Pro 4 beta2
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.8
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Judy,
As far as actions goes once you make a clone any updates to the master will only take effect if you make a new clone, however graphics are done on the fly.
A suggestion would be use a container with the rectangle in. The container would be 0/0 then you can move the rectangle in the container.
Adjusting the master would adjust all the clones.

++++++++
EDIT
++++++++
Added a project doing just this:
markertemplate menu.zip
(410.8 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
The markertemplate text box is also using $n, so will write the name of the input image in the box.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Judy-A

Hopki wrote: A suggestion would be use a container with the rectangle in. The container would be 0/0 then you can move the rectangle in the container.
Thanks for the suggestions and the sample skin.

Another question. Is it possible to have two styles of markertemplate on the same skin, for example, one style for menu items and another for map dots? You can see where this is going. Then I'll want a third style for thumbnail images that automatically puts the title in a mouseover text box. :)

Judy
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Judy,
I have already asked this...
Ok only the ID: markertemplate will work when dragging and dropping.
So you can have the ID markertemplate1, markertemplate2, just remove the number before you drag and drop. When finished with that template just put the number back and remove it from another to use a different one.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/