P2VR Pro 4: Delay autorotate?

Q&A about the latest versions
Judy-A

In previous versions of P2VR I had set landscape panoramas to autorotate after fully loaded. I had also embedded lo-res tiles, usually around 600x600 pixels, in the output settings. Because a separate SWF had to load for each scene, this would take a bit of time.

With P2VR Pro 4, when building a tour, I have not been embedding any tiles. With no embedded tiles to load, the SWF downloads very quickly and starts rotating very quickly. So quickly, in fact that the first level of tiles is still loading. Autorotation can be jerky and the grayscale preview often shows.

This tour, made with P2VR Pro4b2, shows the problem.
http://www.judyarndt.ca/pacific2012/pacific_rim.html

It would be great to have some kind of control that stops autorotation until the current level of tiles is fully loaded. Any ideas how this could be done?

Judy Arndt
--
Pano2VR Pro 4 beta2
Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.8
smooth

Would be good to have:

Start autorotate only after x% of scene/level tiles have loaded.
This you would think could be connected to the loader?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Judy,
Have you tried:

Code: Select all

Loaded Levels => Start Auto Rotate => Speed: speed/delay/return to horizon
In your example you don't have an auto rotate button so just add a rectangle with the above action and move it off stage.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Judy-A

Hopki wrote:

Code: Select all

Loaded Levels => Start Auto Rotate => Speed: speed/delay/return to horizon
In your example you don't have an auto rotate button so just add a rectangle with the above action and move it off stage.
Hi Hopki,

Thanks for responding. I do have an auto rotate button in the toolbar. It’s the double-headed arrow. Perhaps it's not sufficiently obvious.

Okay, I tried your suggestion. It works, sort of.

I unchecked ‘Enable auto rotation’ in Flash Output>Auto Rotate. I put the rectangle on my skin and gave it the action you suggested. Speed is ‘0.1/5/2’. The panos just keep rotating non-stop as each new scene is loading.

I found it’s necessary to stop rotation before each new scene loads. Must I put a ‘stop auto rotation’ command on every link that opens a new panorama? Is there an easier way to stop auto rotation when a new pano is first launched but not yet loaded?

Once the rotation has been stopped, the action on my rectangle ‘Loaded Levels>Start Auto Rotate>0.1/5/2’ starts rotation again at the correct speed. However my delay and return-to-horizon parameters are being ignored.

Judy
Judy-A

Judy-A wrote:Is there an easier way to stop auto rotation when a new pano is first launched but not yet loaded?
I figured out the answer to one of my questions. I can add Reload>Stop Auto Rotate to the rectangle. This stops rotation before the next pano loads.

Judy
Judy-A

All day I’ve been trying to solve this problem of delaying auto rotate until scene is fully loaded, with no real success.

1. I have an Auto Rotate rotate toggle button in my toolbar and want to leave it there.
2. I leave auto rotation settings in Flash Output settings checked, and set to the speeds I like (much slower than defaults).
3. Building on Hopki's suggestion, put a rectangle on the skin that uses these actions:

Reload => Stop Autorotate
Loaded Levels => Start Auto Rotate => Speed: (blank)

This works fine when a new panorama is loaded. The Start Auto Rotate action picks up the speed/delay/return to horizon settings in Flash Output.

However, here’s where this method fails.
1. User clicks on my Auto Rotate button. Rotation turns off.
2. User mousedown-drags to another part of the pano, calling up tiles which had not yet loaded. This triggers the ‘Loaded Levels’ action and restarts auto rotation.
3. User clicks Auto Rotate button again to turn off rotation. Each and every time the user manually explores the scene, autorotation starts up again, until every last tile in the scene has loaded. With a Level tile size of 624 pixels, this is a lot of tiles. There are 126 tiles for each scene, so that means there are 126 potential triggers for a Loaded Levels action.

Maybe I have to give up on auto rotation. :(

Judy
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Judy
Please see Issue #603
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/