Missing action

Q&A about the latest versions
Affendy

Hi all,
I have a navigation window that slides out when I clicked on INFO+ tab,[ button_map ]

http://www.fnd-fnd.com/media/cordes/

The problem is when I clicked on the ACTIVATED icon of the showing pano… my navigation window disappears as well as the INFO+ tab ! ;-)
What action should I add to remedy the problem ?
Thanks in advance.

Affendy
Attachments
actions window for the icon
actions window for the icon
actions.png (31.44 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
RobM

You want the map to be shown and remain shown as the viewer opens the tour for the first time?

I'm not expert at these actions at all but have you tried a slightly different method?
init position of open and then close when clicking the close button or clicking on a map location?

Rob
Affendy

< You want the map to be shown and remain shown as the viewer opens the tour for the first time? >

The Map is visible when the viewer shows the tour for the first time ;-)
I get the problem only when I click on the already "ACTIVE" icon.
RobM

Affendy wrote:< You want the map to be shown and remain shown as the viewer opens the tour for the first time? >

The Map is visible when the viewer shows the tour for the first time ;-)
I get the problem only when I click on the already "ACTIVE" icon.

The map vanished here as soon as the pano was loaded. I didn't click on anything.
I had to re-open it by clicking on the tab.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with the active command, sorry. maybe others have an idea?
Affendy

Rob, when you reopen the Navigation Map, try clicking on the "ACTIVE" pano icon ;-). The button on the outmost right when the tour started.
RobM

Affendy wrote:Rob, when you reopen the Navigation Map, try clicking on the "ACTIVE" pano icon ;-). The button on the outmost right when the tour started.

ok, goes all a bit weird then. The map slides right off the screen. I can re-open it by clicking where the info tab was.
360Texas

In a way I think hiding the map on transition is natural

Once I click the map location map closes (because I do not needed anymore) and it transitions to next pano

If I need the map again.. you have shown me where to find the map.. and click open the map.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

I see the "Info +" tab disappears when the red marker is clicked on the key map, it does not matter which node is active at the moment. The key map sliding to the Left out of sight is good. However, then there is a reload and unexpectedly the "Info +" tab fades to almost 98% transparency. I think it is not another action you need, but rather somewhere on your skin you have an action that occurs on reload that adjust the alpa on the "Info +" tab to nearly zero?

PS: nice tour, nice key map.
Affendy

Hi Don, Thanks for the hint. I think you're right for the INFO+ and Close button do have a Show Visible action ;-)
cheerio
Affendy
Affendy

Hi all,
any experts care to look at my .ggsk ?
My INFO+ button just vanish with the NAV MAP IF I click on the actual running pano "BUTTON"
I know there's no sense in clicking on the hotspot button of the running pano but some of my visiteurs do.

TIA
Attachments
cordes.ggsk
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Don

Affendy, I'm not an expert, but looked anyway. In your cordes.ggsk I notice two places where the "close button" alpha gets set to 0.1.

1. "closeBut" is a child of your map container called "nav_map". The nav_map has a "Loaded" event with "Toggle Element Alpha" action, and the Alpha toggles to 0.1. Since "closeBut" is a child of nav_map, then "closeBut" will become almost transparent too.

2. "button_map" has a "Mouse Click" event with a "Toggle Element Alpha, and the Alpha is set to 0.1 and the target is "nav_map". Since "closeBut" is a child of nav_map, then "closeBut" will become almost transparent too.

Either of those, or both, might be making the "closeBut" nearly invisible after the node marker is clicked. There might be other places I do not see.

So...disclaimer, I have never done one of those key maps that slides off the screen, so if the key map is hidden off the screen, do you still need to tweak the alpha? I think not, but I'm not an expert. My newbie recommendation is to remove the "Toggle Element Alpha" actions and you will be okay, but I will watch and learn from other replies to your post.

Don
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Affendy,
There is no action to show the button_map when you click a node marker.
By the looks of it you are using the loaded actions in the nav_map element to change the position and alpha of the nav_map but no where to show the button_map, you could add the action here to show it.

However as you have a button to open the map and a button to close it I would avoid "Toggle" actions and use change element position actions instead.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Affendy

Thanks guys, will try Change Element position ;-)
cheerio