pano2vrb3

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wow, a lot of hacking here ;). I have no problem with showing the XML code because this is in user space... I just get angry with decompiling.

Regarding a tutorial... Unfortunately Karyn, who is making the tutorials is in the states until January 14th so it will take a while for a proper tutorial. Sorry. Maybe I can try to temporally create one by my own... but I don't have such a nice voice ;).

The basic concept in the editor is an element (for the moment this is just an image but other types will follow in later versions). To create a new element just drag & drop an image from the explorer into the editor. Each element can have several states (normal, mouse over, down) and you can assign (but you don't need to) different images to each state (to do this in the GUI change the "state" box on top and drop a different image onto an existing one) Those state images are the multiple images in tree view. You can also test your creation the the "test" state.

Elements can also have sub elements (children), and those elements can also have childs etc. and this is why you have the tree view on the right side where you can change this order. The absolute position is always calculated relative to the parent. Thats the reason why you can move the whole controller bar if you grab the "left" arrow in the new controller or the background image in the slider.

I choose to have a parent in the "new" controller to make my life easier because I only need to change the anchor property and the position for this parent element and all other elements will follow that position. For the sliding controller it has a second effect because the "toggle position" always moves the parent for the chosen offset.

This brings me to the "actions". Each element can trigger several "actions" so it can turn the pano or toogle autorotate. The action can also go in the different direction where the pano controls an element (for example "rotate with pan" etc.)

Every time the skin is saved all images are just numbered as they appear in the tree. If you choose to create your own XML files by hand you can name the images as you like as long as you don't create sub directories because they are not supported (yet).

I hope this explanation helps to understand the editor a little bit better until a tutorial gives you the full insight.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Thank you Thomas.

Ok about the XML content.

I am not smart enough to decompile anything.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

erik leeman wrote:Well it was Dave who was wondering about how to switch back from full screen (and it was Dave who started this thread by the way).
Well it was directly under my post and the conversation I was having with Dave on the thread Dave started! That is what the quote button is for so, that things make sense.

Here I was thinking you were actually trying to help me. LOL

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

Thanks for the reply Thomas I will look at some more and and see if I can understand it.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

Further down the track and after losing even more hair....

I did find the logic (however off beat it is) and created my first skin which can be seen here

I found it to be quite buggy and still don't know why the pan left and pan right is so jerky when the autopan and zoom function work as expected.

It appears (well to me anyway) that you must have an "extra" image in the "Tree" before you can "assign" an image and if you drag something in the tree one certain way the program just closes without warning.

Anyway, nothing to say "I'm" doing things correctly - I'm just fumbling my way until we have a tutorial.

Looks to have good potential, would like to see "Sound on, Sound Off" added to the default list.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

I too found a Fatel Err.

Win XPpro SP2

Mouse select/copy drag 2 32x32 image buttons from an explorer folder and drop them on to the editor work area. The are stacked offset . Pick select and drag them apart.

Tree, select the bottom button, drag and drop it on the next button up makes the top button a Parent, and the next button down a child.

Select the parent button and drag it over and drop on child button - Buttons disappear and Pano2VR Ver 3 abnormally ends.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

I figured out how to get those Tree double [multiple] images.

State box = normal
Drag the 1st state button on to screen.

State box = mouse over
Drag the 2nd state button directly on top of 1st button and you will see a + sign

State box = Selected
Drage the 3rd state button directly over 2nd button and you will see a +sign

Now the Tree should display 1st + 2nd and 3rd button side by side.

Then I tagged the 3 state button group and inadvertantly nudged the element directly above. Now the group of 3 new buttons have become a child to parent group.. which I did not want to do.

Which brings up a good point: Control Z does not perform an UNDO. So at the moment the only way to correct the error is to close the editor and then restart the editor.

Suggest an UNdo or Ctrl Z function.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

By the way..."Full Screen Button" anyone know what Error #1069 is trying to tell me?

While PREVIEW ... you click the [x] full screen button and I get

"ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property displayState not found on flash.display.Stage and there is no default value.
at SkinObjectClass/::doClick()"

In the Flash Output Settings I have check selected

Automatic, Change Stage Quality and Change bitmap filtering

And Scaling is 'With Window' and I do not have any hotspots

Here is the XML
<element>
<id>fullscreen</id>
<x>245</x>
<y>0</y>
<width>32</width>
<height>32</height>
<anchor>0</anchor>
<action>
<type>tooglefullscreen</type>
</action>
<image>img_7_n.png</image> This would be State = NORMAL
<imageover>img_7_o.png</imageover> This would be State = mouse over

</element>
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

This should be obvious but its worth mentioning

The Editor work area box uses X and Y corrdinates for positioning object elements. The X = 0 and y = 0 point or 0,0 is located in the upper left corner of the work box.

Element positioning 0,0 appears to be the upper left corner of the object element. Sub elements or Child's position mark is 0,0 relative to the PARENTs element position not the larger Editor work box.

Each Element displays a (125, -5) location... I do not know what this references.

IF you accidently move a graphic button off the Work Area box... it CAN NOT be dragged back into the Work Area Box. I know I tried. I tried making the Work Box bigger but it force the off screen buttons farther down.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

360Texas wrote:By the way..."Full Screen Button" anyone know what Error #1069 is trying to tell me?

While PREVIEW ... you click the [x] full screen button and I get

"ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property displayState not found on flash.display.Stage and there is no default value.
at SkinObjectClass/::doClick()"
Maybe you are using an older version of the debug player? The Fullscreen option only works with recent versions of the Flash player. Try to download a newer version from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

I uninstalled my Flash 8 debug active X and downloaded and installed the flashplayer_9_ax_debug.exe 1,588kb and retryed.. still get the 1069 err

Will reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Dave
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Following reboot I am still getting the same error number.

The flash version I downloaded was 12/3/2007 ver 0.0.r115 top one for windows and IE

But I am not using IE to view the .swf
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

360Texas wrote:The flash version I downloaded was 12/3/2007 ver 0.0.r115 top one for windows and IE

But I am not using IE to view the .swf
Have you tried to use IE to display the SWF? Do you get the error message there? Why didn't you download the current version of the thing you are using to display swf? (I guess it's the standalone player, and on the page I have sent you there is also an update for that).
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Here is what I have done so far

Went to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash
Used the UNWISE to remove Flash 8 and Flash 10

Went to Add\Remove uninstalled Flash

--------------
Results:

Pano2VR Beta 3. Can create and preview Flash with skin editor controller.
Creates a .swf on hard drive.
Use Explorer to view the .swf . Both the display the .swf .

Right mouse click about, says [Adobe Flash Player. Http://www.adobe.com Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC]

--------------
I used IE 6 to view the .swf on the server.. and get Adobe Flash error saying IE 6 does not have Flash plugin. No display

Following the browser Flash plugin - can see the .swf on the server. Right mouse click on this viewer takes me to

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about ... says I have Flash 9,0,115,0 installed for my IE 6 browser.

Using IE 6 FILE | Open | path to the .swf on my hard drive. Click on .swf opens and plays.. >controller BUTTON try full screen< get error fails for full screen display.

While still viewing .swf click on flash 9 player toolbar "VIEW" FULL SCREEN CTRL-F. Screen jumps to full screen. CTRL-F returns to small screen.

So Flash Player 9 View "Ctrl F" does work to FULL SCREEN. Pano2VR full screen button AND Circle Arrow ROTATE button DO NOT WORK.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

and you modified the HTML to allow "Fullscreen" right?
Thomas wrote:This is a security "feature" of Flash. You need to set the parameter "allowFullScreen" to "true" in your HTML code.
Regards, Smooth 8)