Looking for critiques on my first two tours

Q&A about the latest versions
PabloWBK

Hi all, it's been almost 2 months since I purchased my pano2vr pro license and started playing around with it. For stitching, i've tried Hugin, PTgui, lightroom and for some reason i've opted for Autopano Giga, and so far we've been getting along just fine. For equipment, i'm using a D7100 + tamron 17-50 lens (hopefully, will be getting a 10.5 fisheye in the near future)

I've published 2 tours on my website, first one was done with a home-made not-good-at-all pano head which resulted in many stitching errors; and the second one was done with a recently purchased Nodal Ninja head (NN4 + RD16)

The skin was created by me using another user's one as base model (mono--pano2vr-skin.ggsk) and then replaced icons and buttons with others I created

I'm not sure how well this tours play on different devices, so far I've only tried my laptop (chrome and firefox) and cellphone (android).
One of the main issues I find is that whenever a button is clicked, and its container closed, it then requires 2 clicks to reopen it. I think this is because I use "change element alpha" as modifier, dont remember if I tried using toggle element visibility, though

So here they are:

First tour - no pano head
http://www.polaris.com.ar/demo01/vtour/wartenberg.html

Second tour - this time with Nodal ninja pano head
http://www.polaris.com.ar/demo02/vtour/ ... xenia.html

Thanks for your time ! cheers =)
ArkiTonio

Hi!
Why do you use such a low resolution?...
ArkiTonio
Hopki
Gnome

Hi PabloWBK,
Don't use a toggle Alpha action, have the hotspot set or change the alpha to 1 then the popup to have a set of change the Alpha back to 0.

Toggle has the problem of only the element/button that actually has the toggle has the toggle effect, an example is if you toggle a element to alpha 1 with a button. Then use a different button to set the element to alpha 0 the toggle button was in the toggle alpha 1 state, so the first press will toggle it to 0, then a second will toggle it to 1.
So only after two press with it be visible.

However this is not true for the show hide action. You can have a toggle visible action and use a hide action and this resets the toggle button to the correct state.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PabloWBK

Hopki wrote:
However this is not true for the show hide action. You can have a toggle visible action and use a hide action and this resets the toggle button to the correct state.

Regards,
Hopki

Thank you Hopki! will give that a try !
PabloWBK

ArkiTonio wrote:Hi!
Why do you use such a low resolution?...
Hi ArkiTonio! im dont remember the resolution settings that were used (im guessing cube size of 2000px, and multi-res selected), but could you explain your point a little further? Which device did you use to view the tours?
I think that I didn't use native resolution because I didnt want long loading times: in my country, the average internet speed is around 3mb nowadays. I will have to check though, to see if I asked Pano2vr to resize the panorama or if I reduced it's size beforehand.

Thanks for your comments! they help me improve my workflow , which is very basic and chaotic at this point hehe

Cheers!
ArkiTonio

Hi Pablo.
If you start from an equirectangular image of, say, 6032×3016 px, you could set Multiresolution with a tile size of 480 px and two levels of 1920 and 960 (loading the latter at startup).
[1920 is 6032/Pi, 960 is half that size and 480 half again. Of course you will calculate your sizes depending on your input image, which sould be at least 6-8000 px wide, I suggest.]
You should also set a Min FoV of 1 px in Viewing Parameters.
Try it and let me know.
:wink:
ArkiTonio
PabloWBK

ArkiTonio wrote:Hi Pablo.
If you start from an equirectangular image of, say, 6032×3016 px, you could set Multiresolution with a tile size of 480 px and two levels of 1920 and 960 (loading the latter at startup).
[1920 is 6032/Pi, 960 is half that size and 480 half again. Of course you will calculate your sizes depending on your input image, which sould be at least 6-8000 px wide, I suggest.]
Try it and let me know.
these are the settings for bith tours:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5s1iD ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5s1iD ... sp=sharing
ArkiTonio

Pablo, you should try multiresolution: it's the best method, I believe...
ArkiTonio
redlocktree

A photo tip: use the same white balance in the tour (for example a more homey setting use a warmer tint/tone)
The buttons for the next pano are not good visible I had to discover that there was another pano via the map.
A good first try.
PabloWBK

Thank you everyone, for the tips and comments provided!
I've tweaked my skin a bit, now with a different image for the Go-to-next-pano Hotspot, and thanks to Hopki I've solved the multi tap issue that I was having with the buttons. The multiresolution has also been optimized and now everything looks sharper.

Here they are:

http://www.polaris.com.ar/demo01/vtour/wartenberg.html
http://www.polaris.com.ar/demo02/vtour/ ... xenia.html

Cheers!
hum@no.id

Very low resolution for today
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
PabloWBK

hum@no.id wrote:Very low resolution for today
which settings would you use/recommend?
ArkiTonio

PabloWBK wrote:... The multiresolution has also been optimized and now everything looks sharper....
Mmmhhh... Are you sure?...
ArkiTonio
PabloWBK

ArkiTonio wrote:
PabloWBK wrote:... The multiresolution has also been optimized and now everything looks sharper....
Mmmhhh... Are you sure?...
Well, now i'm not. Could any of you guys share a link to a tour with good-enough-for-these-days resolution? Along with its width-height ratio please.

Thank you
ArkiTonio

ArkiTonio wrote:Hi Pablo.
Try it and let me know.
ArkiTonio